Chapter Eighteen ❀

Start from the beginning

"I wouldn't ever leave you for her Hope! Me and her are nothing more than friends, she's with Noah and I'm just..uh single?" I replied laughing uneasily in attempt to clear this awkward atmosphere.

"Hey!" A cheerleader waved, I rolled my eyes in annoyance and waved back. "Are you going to Prom?" She asked edging closer too me, her hand slipped up the front of my shirt as Hope shoved her backwards.

"Were trying to talk, learn some manners." Hope shot at her.

"He's out of your league, don't speak too him." The blonde cheerleader retorted imitating Hope.

"Fuck you!" Hope hissed trying to jump at her.

"WHOA!" I exclaimed pulling Hope backwards. "Hey uhm..." I trailed off as I had no idea what the cheerleader's name was. "I have a girl in mind for prom, but I'll see you there!" I replied quickly trying to hold back a very viscous Hope.

"Your loss gorgeous." The Cheerleader whispered seductively, her voice tingled in my ears before she walked away dramatically.

Maya walked past with her hands linked through Noah's, his spare hand was cupped around her ass and I felt my blood boil. She was laughing at something he was saying and then she playfully punched his shoulder.

"You love her." Hope told me, breaking me from my chain of thoughts. She unwrapped my arms from around her and took a step backwards giving us  a little bit of personal space. 

"What?!" I stuttered. "Don't be silly!" I snapped quickly as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"The way you look at her! The way you speak about her, It's so obvious Zane!" Hope replied hurtfully, I didn't know whether talking to her about My feelings towards Maya would be the right thing or not?

"What is it to you?" I asked. "She doesn't like me anyway." I mumbled under my breath.

"Oi! She's in love with you." Hope smiled sincerely.

"Then why is she going to Prom with Noah?" I asked, Mentally slapping myself. Why would Hope know?

"Because you haven't asked her yet idiot! Gosh you boys are so dumb sometimes, Girl's always wait for the guy to make the first move. She's scared you don't feel the same way, she's been waiting god knows how long for you to confess her feelings. “Hope explained, chuckling at how blind I'd been all this time.

Maya liked me? No she couldn't, Hope was pulling my leg!

"You’re not pissed at me?" I asked in disbelief.

"For what? Loving another girl?" She chuckled.

"Uhm..I guess?" I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"There's no doubt that I'm still in love with you and probably will be until I find someone as amazing as you but your in love with Maya she loves you, I couldn't get myself too come between the two of you." She finished; cupping my face she locked our glances. "Don't let her out of your grip, she really is made for you." She whispered, kissing my cheek she walked off down the hallway leaving me standing there absolutely and utterly speechless.

**

Pacing the length of my room I stood in front of the full view mirror staring back at my reflection, I peered down through the window and held five fingers up to the Chauffeur indicating five more minutes. 

A slow week had passed as each day hurt more and more listening Maya talk about what she was going to wear to Prom and how she and Noah had found the perfect color. I would nod every now and then not paying any attention, what guy wanted to hear the girl he loved talk so passionately about another boy?