31

Taehyung slammed the door to his apartment and slumped on the couch. He buried his face in his palms and stayed like that until he heard a faint knock. He didn't bother to open it and just kept quiet in hopes to make the person outside to give up already and leave.

"I know you're in there Tae. Just open the door!" He was shocked to hear Irene's voice and he slowly walk over to the door and open it.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I came here to check on you. I wanna help okay?" She said sweetly and got inside the house.

The two sat on the couch in silence. Until Taehyung breaks it.

"Shouldn't you be at the cafe with Hoseok hyung?"

Irene just shrugged. "You're more important now."

"Yah! I set you that date and you just ran away?"

She just chuckled and held his hand. "I missed you so much Tae..I wish we could go back to those days.."

Taehyung softened at that and squeezed the girl's hand. "You know I have Jungkook now. And you have Hoseok. And we love them right?"

Irene slowly nodded and stared at his eyes. "But I still can't keep myself from thinking what would happen if we're still together? Maybe we're both happy right now."

"Irene, I'm happy now. With Jungkook." He answered with determination. "Today was just..just a stressful day that lead us to a small fight."

"If you would be given a chance to go back to me.. Would you?" Irene's eyes held so much emotions, but regret and hurt overflows.

Taehyung stared at her eyes and either he was slightly lost at the depths of it, or just plainly taken aback at the sudden question. He didn't even notice at first that the girl was slowly leaning in and their faces are very close to each other..

Meanwhile, back at the cafe, Jungkook regrets everything he said and blames himself over again. Sure, he can be a bit arrogant sometimes but he can't help it. Taehyung will always be the one to initiate the fixing after fights, and the younger will play hard to get a little. Thinking about this made his heavy feeling sink down inside him like an anchor.

The raven haired boy went to Jin at the kitchen to ask permission for an undertime just for today. He quickly ran out to the cafe, not bothering to change his work clothes. He halted himself when he heard someone call him.

"Jungkook!" He saw Hoseok also running to catch him.

"Hoseok?"

"I know you're going to Tae and I'm coming with you since I have a feeling that Irene followed him." And they walk to the apartment with quick and heavy footsteps. Both their hearts are thumping loudly as they reached the door to the apartment.

Jungkook reached the door knob and opened the door, relieved since it wasn't locked. But what he witnessed next absolutely got his heart shattering into pieces.

There on the couch was Taehyung and Irene, their faces were so close. And as if sensing someone came in, Irene quickly closed the gap between them and kissed Taehyung on the lips.

Jungkook and Hoseok witnessed it all in horror. Not even noticing that Taehyung's eyes were wide as an ocean and quickly wriggled to pull away. He pushed her rather forcefully at the realization that his ex just kissed him with their boyfriends as audience.

Taehyung quickly stood up and looked a Jungkook. "Jungkook..its not what it looks like.."

"So much for your trust issues huh?" The youngest said bitterly. He then turned to Irene "You bitch!! Get out!!"

"Jungkook stop." Taehyung scolded.

"So now you're mad at me? Why? you wanna fuck her that bad?!"

"I said stop!"

Jungkook kept quiet but he was still panting from the heavy feeling in his heart while tears streamed down his face. He was hurt that Taehyung stood up for Irene. He just can't believe what is happening.

Hoseok was glaring and he's so mad right now. In all honesty, he wanted to punch Tae at what he saw. But he reminded himself that this is what the younger had felt a few years ago and didn't want to start another fight with him. Instead he gripped Irene's arm and dragged her out the place. Surprisingly, Irene didn't even protest and just followed.

"Baby..let me explain." Taehyung slowly walked to the younger.

"No need Taehyung. It was all so clear now."

Taehyung took both his hands and grip it, not wanting to let him go. "No no..I didn't kiss her. I would never kiss her.."

"I was worried you know.. All the way here I was thinking of a way to ask forgiveness for my mistake." Jungkook said softly while gritting his teeth. "You could've just told me you want to be alone with her."

"Please Jungkook. I didn't-"

"I saw it all Tae. Just drop it and get off me!" The younger yanked his hands away but the older strongly gripped it.

"No!"

Jungkook didn't give up and with all his force, he yanked his hands again. Successfully, he freed himself and ran as fast as he can away from the place. Away from Taehyung.