35

2 days before Taehyung's departure

Irene, Taehyung, and Namjoon quietly sits at the dining area of the boys' apartment. They were having a serious talk about the situation, but the brunette just noticed Irene's silence.

"We need to do DNA test." Taehyung blurted out. Irene widened her eyes and looked at the boy in front of him.

"Why? You don't believe? How could you do that? This is your child!"

"I'm sorry if this hurts you but I want to make sure." Taehyung said with a blank expression. He just simply looked at the girl who had once owned his heart. Not a trace of love can be felt anymore but annoyance.

"You don't believe me?" The girl softly said.

Namjoon butted in. "Actually, I suggested it. I don't want any of my friends to get hurt." He shrugged.

"I don't know how it works but we're gonna do that test. I'm leaving for America. If you want, we could do it there." The brunette added.

"H-how about Jungkook?" The girl squeaked.

"He doesn't need to know because I'm sure this is all a mistake."

Irene gulped as she remembered the day she and the maknae met at the grocery store.

Suddenly, Taehyung's phone vibrated. He checked the caller and it was Jimin. He quickly answered it hoping he could hear any news from his bunny.

"Hello Chim?"

"Yah! What did you do this time?!" Jimin's voice was angry and he was shouting through the phone.

"What? I don't understand.."

"Jungkook's been locking himself in his room since yesterday and I have a feeling this is all about you again!"

"What?! We haven't-"

"Just get your ass here and fix this!" Then he cut the line.

"I need to go." He announced and grabbed his jacket from the chair.

"What happened?" Namjoon asked.

"Jungkook's been locking himself and I bet he hasn't been eating since yesterday." Taehyung heard Irene gasped, but he just went out the door and hurriedly headed to the younger's place.

+++

"Jungkook open the door!" Jungkook was surprised to hear Taehyung's voice outside his bedroom door.

He was curled in a ball on his bed  and had been staring at the window. The crying had ceased a long time ago, but the tears went back as he hears his deep voice.

"Please open the door Kookie. Talk to me."

He sobbed against his pillow, contemplating on whether to open the door for the brunette or not.

"Kook please? Let's talk. I miss you.."

Jungkook hates himself for being like this. Even though how fucked up the situation is, he still yearns for the older's touch. And now, he finds himself standing in front of his door while his right hand clutching the door knob.

"Kookie? Please?" The voice on the other side was pleading and Jungkook could not take it anymore. He slowly turns the door knob and opens the door, meeting the gaze of his love. The gaze with dark circles around the eyes and slightly bruised cheek and lips.

Taehyung was speechless at what he was seeing in front of him. He can't believe that his Kookie opened up for him.

"Kookie..thank god." He pulled the younger to his embrace but he was just pushed away.

"Go home Taehyung. Your family needs you."

Taehyung furrowed his brows, confused at the younger's words. "What are you talking about?"

"I know it already. You don't need to keep it from me." Slowly, tears brimmed Jungkook's eyes again. "I know you're having a child, and I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

Taehyung froze. He didn't expect the younger to know this soon.

"W-who told you?" The older's voice was so small at the moment.

"Oh please! Just..just go home."

"No..is it Irene?"

Jungkook nodded and the brunette swore he saw a flicker of red in his eyes.

"B-but there's no point anymore. Let's just forget everything." The raven haired boy said through tears.

"I won't accept that. I'm not gonna forget that easily." He held the younger's arms. "We can find a way Kookie. I'm doing the DNA test and I'm sure it's gonna be negative-"

"Hyung!" Jungkook cuts off. "Stop it already! This is all hopeless. You're having a child!" Jungkook bit his lip as he said the last words.

"Please just this once Jungkook. Trust me in this one. I don't want to lose you." At this point, Taehyung was hugging Jungkook tightly, not wanting to let go.

"I grew up without a father, and it sucks. I don't want your ch-child to experience that."

"B-but Jungkook I love you.." He said against the younger's neck and cried.

Jungkook had enough. He harshly push Taehyung away. "Just stop it! I don't want to see your face ever again. If you still don't understand, TAEHYUNG WE'RE BREAKING UP!"

"NO! I'm not breaking up with you! I won't accept that!" He moved to hug the younger again but Jungkook unintentionally pushed him so hard he fell down on the floor.

"Go away!" Jungkook's heart is breaking. He needs to be harsh for Taehyung to understand that he's having a family, and he doesn't want to be in the way.

Taehyung quickly hugged Jungkook's knees while kneeling down. "Jungkook no. Please don't leave me, I'm sorry for everything. I'll do anything to make you happy."

Jungkook just stared at his hyung with cold eyes.

"Please I love you Jungkook. Please accept me again." Taehyung doesn't care how he looked right now. He needed to get his bunny back.

"Just go away Taehyung. I don't need you anymore." The younger said in a stern voice.

Taehyung's head is now buried on the younger's feet, his arms still wrapped around his legs.

"Please I love you. Don't do this.." He desperately sobbed.

"Let go!"

Jungkook crouched down and forcefully pull his hyung's arms away, while Taehyung continuously cried "No no no!"

At last Jungkook is free from the brunette's grasp and ran away from his house.

Taehyung was weakly crawling to the maknae while uncontrollably crying. Losing all the hope in his chest, he let his head fall to the floor, droplets of tears were gathering to make a puddle. His legs and arms finally gave up and he cried, crouching on the floor.