29

I woke up to the sound of my alarm and pat the right side of the bed, having to find no one there. I furrowed my brows because I was sure that before I went to sleep last night, Taehyung was beside me.

But then, vaguely I remembered Irene calling him and he just disappeared. So it wasn't a dream at all...

I weakly got off the bed and started to do my morning routine with a blank face. I went downstairs and found Jimin hyung eating a cheese bread.

"That long face again?" Midget hyung asked with a frown.

Not wanting to hear more of his whinings again, I quickly snatched up a bread, mumbled a 'see ya' then went out the door.

I arrived earlier than usual to the cafe and started to work. Soon Jimin hyung came as well.

"Yah! You didn't wait for me!" He scolded me and I just mumbled a 'sorry hyung' then continued my work.

I peeked at Jimin since he's still not moving on his spot and I saw that he's narrowing his eyes at me. "Hyung, I'm not in the mood right now."

"I know there's something bothering you since one, you're acting like you're not yourself, and two, you called me hyung." He was still eyeing me. "But since you don't wanna talk about it, I'll leave you here and let you talk to your boyfriend about it."

He then lean closer to me and added, "but remember that I'm here if things might go out of hand. I'm always here Kook." He ruffled my hair then went to his position as cashier for the day. I smiled at my hyung, thankful to have him in my life.

I walk slowly to the door then flipped the sign from 'sorry we're close' to 'we're open, welcome!'. I went back to the counter and started wiping the cups.

Customers started filling up the place and soon, we are all busy on our assigned tasks. I pat my jeans pocket to check my phone for a message or just to text him but it wasn't there, I must've left it at home because of too much thinking. So I just pushed my thoughts of him away and work with a blank face.

Time quickly passed and it was already four in the afternoon and the end of my shift. Jimin hyung is going to overtime so I walked out alone from the cafe.

"Jungkookie!"

I stop in my tracks as I heard the familiar voice. I hesitantly turned around to face him.

He stopped running as soon as he stood in front of me panting. "Kookie..thank god.."

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, the painful emotion in my chest slowly started to resurface as I now look at him.

Slowly catching his breath, he manage to mutter, "I'm walking you home."

"Go home Tae, it's late." I said before starting to walk again.

"Kook, it's freaking four in the afternoon." He said and tried to keep his pace with me.

"I'm sure you have other things to do." And I started to walk quickly.

"Hey, are you mad at me?"

I didn't answer. I just continued to walk.

"Look I'm sorry I didn't show up. But you didn't text me anything also so I assumed you were fine."

Nothing. I still ignored him.

"Kook.."

"Kookie~"

"Jeon Jungkook!"

I stopped walking and faced him. "What!"

He stared at me in astonishment. "You're mad at me" He mumbled.

"Of course I'm not mad" I said gritting my teeth. I suddenly had the urge to throw anything within my reach. "I'm not mad at you for leaving me alone last night just for Irene, for not showing up all day, for letting me think too much that I forgot to bring my phone, for making me worry when all the while you're completely fine!"

His eyes widen as he stared at me. I think he was still processing everything and slowly realizing the situation.

"Yes Tae. I'm not mad at all." I said sarcastically and wiped a stray tear off my cheek before turning away and continued to walk.

Suddenly, I felt a hand grip my wrist and yank me back, resulting for my face to bury in his chest.

"Kookie. I know that I may sound pathetic to you, but I'm so sorry." He whispered against my hair. "I didn't know you felt that way and I'm so stupid to not know it all along."

"Yeah you're stupid." I mumbled against his chest.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me? I can't take it when my Bunny is sad." He said as he cupped my face and lifted it to face him. "I won't do that again. I love you." Then he kissed my lips.

It was a kiss of pure longing and forgiveness. Soon, we pulled away to catch our breaths.

"Where were you? I'm worried sick you know." I muttered as we remained in our position.

"I was at Hoseok's" he said softly then looked down.

My face darkened at what he said, the sour feeling coming back to my chest.

"Kookie listen, Irene and Hoseok had a huge fight last night and he went out leaving her there alone so she called me. She said she needed a friend."

I was now standing there with my arms crossed listening to his story. "And you freakin stayed there for almost 24 hours. So much of needing a friend." I rolled my eyes.

"They were fighting a lot now. She was crying over the phone and didn't stop till she fell asleep."

"Wait so you slept with her?!"

"Wha- No! I fell asleep on the couch okay?"

"What took you so long there?"

"I needed to keep her company since she cried again as soon as she woke up and I needed to have a talk with Hoseok when he he came back home. Apparently, they were fighting about Hoseok cheating on her with some girl in Daegu, that's why they moved here."

I nodded my head but still not truly convinced. I mean, why call Taehyung of all people? There's Namjoon. And don't they have any friends or someone?

"Okay, but I don't forgive you that easily."

His smile turned to a pout. "Aww Kooks."

"Nuh uh. You have to do something for me to forgive you." I smiled suddenly at what I was thinking.

His eyes are now like a puppy's asking for forgiveness and in anticipation. "What is it babe? I'll do anything."

"Sure?"

"Yes baby"

I smirked. "I want you to buy me ice cream and cuddle with me."