30

3rd person POV

Days have passed and Irene and Taehyung became closer again. Irene kept coming to the cafe and Taehyung being a complete gentleman, would also talk to her. Jungkook couldn't get any more scared at what was ahead of them.

That night, Taehyung and Jungkook were cuddling on the younger's bed when Jungkook pops out a question.

"Hyung?"

The brunette just hums in response.

"Do you love me?"

Without hesitation, Taehyung answered "of course I love you. Why'd you ask?"

Jungkook felt happy at his hyung's response and the way he said it without a hint of doubt.

"How about Irene?" the younger felt a bitter taste at the mention of her name.

"What about her?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"Do you..um..do you perhaps have f-feelings left for her?"

The older pulled back from their cuddling position and stared at the raven haired boy in disbelief. "Why would you ask that? I don't have feelings for her anymore Kookie. If anything, it's only plain friendship."

Jungkook bit his lower lip to stop it from trembling. "Then why do you spend so much time with her now?"

Tae stared at him for awhile, then his lips slowly formed a smirk. "I can sense somebody's jealous."

"You're not answering me!" Jungkook whined.

He chuckled and pressed his body against him again. "Kookie, they have problems right now, and she doesn't have anyone to run to, except me." He pressed his nose to the younger's neck and rub it, causing for it to tickle a bit.

"Uhh Okay?"

"Just give it a little time okay? And maybe you and Irene can be friends too."

"No way."

"Aww you're really jealous." He laughed and his breath is adding to the tingling sensation on the younger's neck.

As they continued to be like that, Taehyung decided to sleep there for the night and Jungkook didn't mind.

Morning came and Taehyung walked Jungkook to the cafe for work. As they reached the place, the older kissed his forehead and bid him farewell.

"I'll just finish some work at the studio bunny, then I'll come here later." With that, he walked off the streets still waving at him.

The day went by smoothly, that's what Jungkook thought. Until he saw Taehyung went in the cafe, and to his disappointment, Irene tagging along.

He caught Taehyung's eyes and glared daggers at him, so the brunette gave him a reassuring smile. As usual, Taehyung will let her sit at their own corner and Jungkook just lets his own self fall into misery.

The brunette walked over to the counter to order. "Hey Kookie"

"Hey Kookie your ass." He mumbled but still Taehyung heard him. "Jimin hyung, can you take over the counter for a minute? I need to restock toppings at the back."

Jimin, who was pouring some chocolate syrup on some drink raised his brows at him, confused. He eyed the both of them and shrugged, "don't wanna."

Jungkook sighed. Having no other choice since Jin is busy at the kitchen and Jisoo has her hands full in making drinks, he defeatedly ask his boyfriend what to order.

"What was that for?" Taehyung asked after his order has been placed.

"Seriously?" Jungkook told him with a blank face.

Sensing that this is going in the same direction, the older quickly explained.

"Kook, I'm setting Irene and Hoseok for a date so they could talk things out. I already texted Hoseok and he's on his way. Don't be upset okay?"

Jungkook stared at him for a long time until they heard a customer clear his throat.

"Sorry" Taehyung bowed at the guy and stepped aside from the counter to give way. He then looked at Jungkook with hopeful eyes.

"Okay, I'll have my break time after 10 minutes." And the younger sighed.

Taehyung grinned. "And I have news to tell you too. Later." He then returned to his seat.

Moments later, Hoseok came and was surprised to see Irene was also there. Taehyung beamed and lead them both to a table far from many people. The couple sat with hesitation and face looked puzzled.

"You two need to talk and fix this already. I'm too involved in your shit that I can't spend time with my bunny." He then left the two alone in astonishment.

Taehyung went back to his seat and took a glance at Jungkook who witnessed everything. He gave him a proud boxy smile and the younger blushed and look away.

After 10 minutes, Jungkook went to Taehyung and sat at the opposite chair.

"Why did you do that?" Jungkook asked.

"Oh that?" He said pointing at the couple across the room who were still giving each other the silent treatment. The younger nodded.

"Well, since it's unhealthy already. They should tell what they feel about each other and whatever their choice in their relationship may give them the happiness they deserve. Plus, I can't take it when Irene cries-"

The raven haired boy snap his head at his boyfriend's direction and cut him off. "So you still care about her?"

"What?" Taehyung furrowed his brows together at what he heard.

"Tell me hyung, are you doing this to gain her trust and be close to her again?" Jungkook's bottled up emotions for the past weeks are uncontainable right now and it is reaching its breaking point.

Taehyung became speechless. His mouth hung ajar.

"Are you doing this just to be the good guy in her eyes? Are you trying to impress her?"

With that, Taehyung also felt anger slowly rising up in his gut. He felt hurt that the younger does not trust him enough. All those times, he kept his cool and be the one who reached out to the younger when they fight. But now, he's not having it.

He furrowed his eyebrows, and with a stern voice, he answered. "I'm not that kind of man Jungkook. And if I said I don't feel anything to her, I really don't. If you think lowly of me like that, then you don't trust me enough. I'm just human Jungkook, and I can't pretend that it doesn't hurt."

Jungkook was stunned. He didn't expect to hear it from his bubbly boyfriend. And he was scared at how Taehyung coldly looked at him. He was terrified that tears slowly formed in his eyes.

He gulped. "Tae.." His hand slowly reach out the table for his boyfriend's. But Taehyung tucked his hands in his pockets. "Hey, I'm..I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said."

"If you can't trust me and try to be sensitive. I don't know anymore." The brunette slowly stand up.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook said alert.

"I'm going to work." The older simply said. He was about to turn away but he remembered something. "I was going to tell you I got accepted from this job I applied online. But I guess, its not that important now." And he stormed off and out the cafe.

Irene noticed that Tae left and she also quickly went out the door, probably running after the brunette. While Jungkook still sat there, completely stunned and Hoseok can't be any better.