36

The day before Taehyung's departure.

"Jungkook-ah"

Jin softly called as he entered the room with tray of hot ramen in his hands. The raven haired boy didn't even budge at his arrival as he just stares at the window while fumbling something on his wrist.

"Jungkook, you have to eat." Jin said patiently, and putting the tray at the bedside table.

Jungkook looks at Jin over his shoulder. "Hyung, am I not enough?"

Jin sighs and looks at the maknae with pity. "Stop thinking about it for a while, you need to eat."

Jungkook agreed since he haven't eaten for more than 24 hours. After he ran from his dorm last night, he came here at Jin's house crying, and Jin, who understood already, welcomed him and let him stay in the guest room. He needed to get away from their dorm since Taehyung would be looking for him there.

Oh my god...Taehyung... The younger quietly sniffles as he eats, remembering the broken face of his lover last night. He gathered a huge amount of strength to run away from the site and not hug the crying brunette instead.

He needs to move on and let go.

Everything is not going to be the same anymore, and he needs to start anew.

Yes, it would have to be a lot of work to forget the brunette but he has to. Just thinking of him having a family with others, especially with Irene would surely make him crazy.

His appetite was long gone and he slowly pushes the bowl to indicate he's not eating anymore.

Jin, who doesn't want to put pressure to the broken maknae's state, just sighed again. He's not fond of people wasting food because food is a blessing. And he treasures food a lot. But he just puts an exception to Jungkook.

The oldest's phone rang and he immediately answered it when he saw Jimin's contact name.

"Hello?"

"Hyung! How's Jungkook?"

Jin remembered calling Jimin last night that Jungkook is safe in his hands. "Still the same. At least, he had eaten even just a few."

"Oh god. Taehyung just left awhile ago. He was looking for him."

Jin eyed Jungkook who went back to staring at the window again and fumbling to some sort of bracelet in his wrist. Quietly, he went out the room so the maknae won't hear their conversation.

"He doesn't need to see him at the moment. It's bad for the both of them."

Jimin sighed at the other side of the line. "This sucks.. I wish I could do anything to make them both happy."

"Me too Jiminie. But for now, that's the least we could do."

"Yeah, don't tell him anything hyung. I'll take care of it."

"Okay. Bye."

After the phone call, Jin went back to the room seeing Jungkook still in the same position. He was gathering the tray when Jungkook speaks up.

"Hyung, I want to go home." Jungkook softly speaks as he caressed the cookie pendant in his other hand. He remembers when Taehyung gave it to him on his Graduation day.

"Not yet Jungkook-ah, just stay here for a bit. Jimin is out and no one would take care of you at your dorm."

"Not that. What I meant was...I want to go home to Busan."