11

taetae: wanna go to work with me today? Tzuyu might wanna see you. 😆

The hell?!

I stared at my phone unbelievably. No way I'm going to see that girl again. Especially with my Tae-

Wait. What? He's not even mine to begin with!

kookie: I have class hyung

taetae: oh okay, let's just hang out later?

kookie: I have to study. Gtg

taetae: Text me later ok?

Right. I remember that they are still working with the photoshoot of the brat. They must be really close now and probably flirting with each other.

I exhaled loudly and blink back tears in my eyes. The sky is a little dull today, looking like it was sympathizing with my feelings. I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door facing another day of college.

+++

A loud thunder can be heard and the sky looked darker than earlier. It looks like it'll gonna rain any minute now. Great, I didn't bring any umbrella.

I was walking out the gates of the university when I received a text message from Taehyung.

taetae: I'm at the cafe. I'll be waiting 😊

I hesitated first if I should go. But then Taehyung's sad and hurt face came flashing in my mind, and the image of a hot coffee made me relax, so I decided to just go. I replied a "coming hyung".

As I walk to the direction of the cafe, I think about the possibilities of me and the brunette. I smiled as I think about having a date everyday at the cafe, cuddling on a bed and taking sweet pictures together. Not just our usual friendly, sometimes awkward conversations.

But then again, is he feeling the same way? My smile turned into a frown thinking if he really like guys like me.

You look cool and I was wondering if we could be friends?

I remember when he said that to me the first time we talked. Maybe there will never be a chance for us to be together. Maybe that is what we will always be: Friends.

My frown went deeper as I entered the cafe. I stopped in my tracks when I saw two persons sitting at our usual place.

There sitting at our favorite place was Taehyung, who was facing his direction at me, and Tzuyu the brat sitting opposite him.

But that's not the case, Tzuyu was holding his hand and he didn't seem bothered by it. I felt something squeeze my heart. How dare her sit there, at the only thing that Taehyung and I shared. The thing that connected us.

I was about to walk away but too late, Taehyung already saw me and was now walking towards me.

"Kookie!" He was all smiles when he approached me.

"I'm going home."

He stopped and looked at me wide-eyed. He looked disappointed.

"Why?"

I didn't answer. Instead I went towards the door. But Taehyung was quick to block the door.

"What is it? I thought it was fine for you to meet with me."

"That's the thing. I thought I was only meeting you." I said a little louder this time, and looked back at the table where Tzuyu already turned to us in attention.

He didn't answer. I look back at him, my face can no longer hide my emotion. He was still looking at me.

The rain started to drop. Heavy droplets of water poured at the ground like an angry shower. Thunder can be heard all over the surroundings and wind can be seen gustling the leaves.

"Why are you being like this?" His face scrunched into a frown. "You're not the Kookie I know."

"You just never knew me."

I walk past him and out the door. As the cold wind and rain hit my skin, I already regretted not bringing an umbrella. I pushed aside my second thoughts and hurriedly walk down the path, my clothes already soak.

"Kookie wait!"

I heard Taehyung called but I didn't look back. I felt something at my side and rain no longer feeling my skin. I was slightly shocked when I saw the brunette walking aside with me, his hand holding an umbrella to shade us.

"Why are you following me?!" I stopped walking and faced him.

"Kookie I'm sorry!"

"And why do you keep on saying sorry?! Can you stop that?"

I'm frustrated now. I can feel myself on the verge of crying. I just want to get away from him.

"No, I'm still sorry. I just could've told Tzuyu to go. I didn't know she followed me to the cafe after shooting." He looked desperate now.

"Hyung, go back."

"No. I should've known you're hurt. I should've known you didn't like it when she spends time with me. I should've given her your number already."

I snapped my head up as I heard something wrong.

"You think I didn't know? The way you acted is pretty obvious. She's nice and pretty, I don't blame you, you know." The way he said it, he looked sad.

"What are you talking about?"

What kind of shit is he up to now?!

"I should've known y-you l-like her." He sounded really hurt.

My mouth hang open at what I heard. I was speechless for a minute when the sound of thunder snapped me back to reality.

Well damn. What kind of shit is this?

"What did you say?" My voice sounded small.

"You like her. I can sense it."
He let out a heavy sigh. "But I swear Kookie, I never like her. Just don't be mad at me. I-if you want, you c-can ask her out. I want you to be happy."

His eyes are glassy now and his voice pleading.

I couldn't believe all this time he thinks I like that brat? That I was hurt when I see them together because I want her?

How dense can he be?!

I groan loudly this time. My eyebrows furrowed and my mouth frown deeper than the earth's core.

"Kookie.. I'm sorry."

There it is again.

"You're stupid."

And I turned and ran away from him fast. Tears started to rush down my cheek mixing with the rain. I ran as my whole body is soaked and not caring about the rain and thunder anymore.