chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

"Jesse didn't even know! You're so full of shit, Harry, and-"

"Listen!" He interrupted. "Louis came by my room this morning and asked me to take a walk with him before class. I thought he wanted to talk about... us, so of course I went outside with him. He started asking me how close friends you and I are and stuff, until he eventually said that Jesse caught up with him after class yesterday. Apparently Jesse had been outside your dorm the other day, wanting to apologise or something. And you were on the phone with someone, talking about the prank. At first Jesse didn't understood, but then he went to Louis. He said he was scared of going straight to Niall, because he'd probably beat him up again and he wouldn't believe a word he'd say."

"This doesn't make any sense."

"I don't have any details, okay? But I guess Jesse went to your dorm to apologise for kissing you, and heard you-who were you on the phone with by the way?"

I thought for a second.

"Becca." I then mumbled. "I was telling her I wanted to back out."

"So that must have been the conversation Jesse heard. And he told Louis and Louis told me."

"Oh my god..." I said and leaned against the nearest wall. "He's gonna tell Niall, isn't he?"

To my surprise Harry shook his head.

"He came to me for some advice, because last time he told Niall something you had done, well, he was kind of pissed. Apparently Niall didn't like it when Louis got involved in your relationship."

"So... Louis hasn't told him?"

"No, but he's not really happy. He said some really horrible things about you, things I can't even repeat."

"Which means that if I piss him off, he's gonna tell."

As if on cue, the loud British boy entered the building, alongside a guy from the frat house. I haven't really spoken to him, so I didn't even know his name. All I know is that he's a senior.

It didn't take long for Louis to see Harry and me. He said something to his friend, who disappeared down the hall the second later.

"You little bitch." Louis said, looking straight at me. "And you!" He pointed at Harry. "You couldn't keep your mouth shut for one hour and told her right away, didn't you?"

He walked over to us, and in the corner of my eye I saw Harry stepping closer to me in a protective manner.

"Now that you know that I know your little secret, it's kind of a competition, isn't it? Who's going to tell Niall first? You or me?"

"Please Louis, I-"

"Don't even try, Sam. I always knew there was something fishy about all this. And meanwhile Niall was falling for you, you were planning this all along."

"Louis, let her explain." Harry said.

"And why the hell are you taking her side? You should be furious of what your "friend" is doing!"

"Do you want me to go tell Kayla you're breaking up with her today?" I fought back.

"That's not even a threat." He snorted. "Kayla is going to be fine. But Niall on the other hand... oh, I almost feel sorry for you." He said, grinning.

"What if I tell people about us?" Harry suddenly said. "You wouldn't want the truth to come out, would you?"

I quickly looked at Harry, who was staring right at Louis.

"It would ruin your reputation if people knew you-"

"Jenkins, Styles! What's going on out here?"