Chapter 31 - Innocent Bystander.

The next day at the camp, all of the women had 10 minutes to get up and get ready. At this point, Kendle and the others has been at the camp for a month and some change. Like the inmates said, their bright and cheerful faces were long gone. Kendle's bright and healthy natural hair was wilted and dirty, and Beverly's beautiful yellow blonde hair was dirty blonde and frizzy. Kendle and Beverly's eyes went from bright to wilted, draggy, and baggy. In fact, Beverly's eyes went from a bright ocean blue to a dark blue shade. That's how stressed she was. As Kendle got ready, Beverly lied down in bed, coughing horribly just like some of the other inmates.

She was coming down with Pneumonia.

"Bev, are you okay?" Kendle whispered lowly as she sat down next to her.

All of the women and men inside of the camp were sick, but some was catching it worse than others. And with Liam gone, Tina could no longer sneak and administer medicine for her friends. Kendle placed her hand on top of Beverly's sweaty forehead. She was sweating like crazy.

"I can barely breathe..." Beverly whispered, keeping her eyes closed.

"Bev, I....." Kendle paused as she glanced down. "I might have to have them transfer you off to the green roo-"

"No. No! Please!" Beverly said in a weak tone, lifting up in bed and gazing at Kendle with her eyes half opened. "I.....I don't wanna go there."

"Bev, they're gonna go out there and make you work in the searing heat!" Kendle scowled as the women inside of the room brushed their teeth with their shirts. "You need to go there for safety!"

"I'm fine!" Beverly barked in an extremely raspy tone. "I said I'm fine, damnit!"

"Come on, let's go!" One of the guards barked as he barged inside of the room.

Kendle glanced at Beverly and stood up, following the other girls as they walked out of the room. As Beverly was the last to get out of bed, she stumbled to the side, clutching onto her stomach.

"Come on!" The guard said in a loud and bland tone as he clapped his hands. "We don't have all day."

Beverly coughed a few times and spit out a lethal amount of blood onto the floor. She held onto the wall, wiping her mouth and nose as blood leaked out from it.

"Lord." The guard sighed. "Hurry up so you ladies can get to work."

"They're not going to work..." Beverly coughed. "Why are you even sending.....them out there?"

"So they can sit in the searing heat for hours without anything to drink or eat." The guard growled. "Now come on."

The guard looked at Beverly's dying eyes as she slumped out of the room. As the guard shut the door, he folded his arms and watched as Beverly slowly turned to him.

"What?" Beverly groaned.

"Actually, I can medicate you for a cost." The guard winked as he looked down at her butt. "If you know what I mean."

Beverly sniffed up some of the blood that was running down her nose, giving him a sick and vile look.

"You sick bastard..." Beverly growled as she started dragging her feet out of the door. "I wouldn't.....I wouldn't dare..."

Beverly stumbled out of the door, staring at the shortening group of women. That meant that a few more people were dying. Beverly dragged her feet over to Kendle and sat down next to her as the women continued to sit there, not building a thing.

"So, you women still aren't going to build?" Wu asked.

"Nope." Sam growled.

"Then have fun sitting out in this heat for 5 hours." Wu smiled as he pulled out some loaded egg-rolls from his bag, eating it in front of them. "Mmmm."