Chapter 3 - "Dear Diary."

During the first day of Senior year...

As all students did on the first day of school, everyone checked out each other's schedules. Among one of Tina's schedules, was a computer class to make up for the grades she failed in during the previous year. Who was in that class? Tina's best friend, Kendle. As she sat down anxiously waiting to see if she knew anyone, Kendle walked in after 5 other students.

"Ken-Ken!" Tina cheered.

"Tink Tink!" Kendle cheered back at her.

The two smiled and flexed their fingers together, occupying a seat next to one another. Kendle sighed, sitting back in her seat.

"Another year in hell, eh?" Kendle groaned.

"I mean fucking goodness, did summer last 2 days or what?" Tina laughed.

As the two sat slumped in their chairs and watched everyone walk inside of the classroom, one boy in particular caught Tina's eye. He was caramel skin coated boy with a nice height, roughly around 6 feet. He had a bland stance to him, but he had broad shoulders and a nice figure.

Kevin.

"Oh my god." Tina whispered, sitting up. "Who is that?"

"Oh that's the new boy named Kevin." Kendle chuckled. "Every single girl has reacted the same way that you did."

"Oh. Psh. Nevermind." Tina groaned as she sat back in her seat. "My 2 second crush on him just went away."

"Why?"

"Cause don't nobody want a nigga that everybody like." Tina groaned again. "More hoes for that nigga."

"Shit, you right." Kendle scoffed.

But over the months, she started liking him more and more. During the next month, she caught herself talking about him to Kendle for the whole hour. The day after that, she told Kendle that she had a dream about him.

And after talking about him for another month...

"Guess what Kevin had on today, Kendle?" Tina smiled as they sat with their group of friends. "Take a wild guess."

"Girl!" Kendle said in a loud outburst, putting her hands up.

Kendle scoffed, looking up at Tina.

"If you like him THAT BAD, why don't you go out with him, Tina?" One of her friends said.

"That's easier said than done, asshole." Tina growled.

"You know what..." Kendle smiled as she popped a piece of her chicken nuggets into her mouth. "I'ma hook y'all up."

"Nuh unh..." Tina grinned.

"Yep. How much you wanna bet?" Kendle smiled. "I'ma wait and surprise yo' ass one day. Just watch."

Ironically, today was the day.

"Girl, don't be nervous!" Kendle smiled. "I told him that you liked him a little, so there ya' go!"

"What the hell?" Chauncey scowled. "I don't like him!"

"Are you fucking kidding me? You talk about him all the time, Tina!" Kendle growled. "Now you wanna bail out cause he's standing here?"

"Look I ain't into niggas." Chauncey scoffed.

Kendle scrunched her eyebrows at him as Chauncey froze, trying to clean up what he said.

"I ain't into niggas that............that look like him?" Chauncey scoffed.