Chapter 5 - "She's the Man!"

Chauncey quickly called Tina, letting her know what was going on. He didn't know if he wanted to get to the period part, or the part where he'd been molested.

"Hello?"

"Tina, listen, I'm bleedin'." Chauncey paused.

"What?"

"I.....I wiped myself on the toilet and it's blood all over the tissue." Chauncey paused. "What do I do?"

Tina smiled, smacking her hands and lying back.

"It's called a period, Chauncey!"

Chauncey scrunched his eyebrows, clutching his stomach and glancing down.

"How the hell do y'all do this shit every month?" Chauncey whined. "My stomach is killin' me."

"Here." Tina chuckled. "Go under my bathroom sink."

Chauncey opened the sink, looking around.

"Okay?"

"Now you should see a big bag of 'Always' pads. Open them and place them in your underwear, putting the sticky flaps around the middle part." Tina continued. "Now when you go to bed, you have to lay it all the way back so that the blood won't get on your pants. THE BLOOD DOES NOT COME OFF IF IT LEAKES AND SITS THERE ALL NIGHT."

Chauncey opened one of the pads, scrunching his eyebrows.

"The hell is this?" Chauncey scowled. "A diaper?"

"Listen, I am NOT going to have you leaking blood on the back of my pants in school!" Tina whispered in a sinister tone. "Just put the damn pad on!"

"Aye, you better lower that tone." Chauncey scowled lowly as he sat back on the toilet. "I'll roll right in that school with no pad on and have you bleeding all over the floors."

"Whatever, asshole." Tina growled. "The Advil and heating pads are right in my top drawer inside of my room. Use those at night."

"Aight, peace."

"Peace."

As Tina's family sat at the table laughing and enjoying themselves, Chauncey stared blankly off into space, holding his silverware as Tina's cousin smiled, looking at Tina.

"How do you like the spaghetti, Tink?" Marcell asked.

As Chauncey looked up at him, he grabbed his pop and splashed him in the face with it. Tina's mother jumped up as Tina's father gave him a furious look.

"Tina!" Tina's mother scowled. "What the heck has gotten into you?"

"That son of a bitch tried to molest me!" Chauncey snarled. "Y'all need to get a hold of this nigga!"

"You better watch your damn mouth, young lady."

"What the hell are you talking about, Tina?" Tina's mother scowled as she looked down at Marcell. "Are you okay, Marcell?"

"Yeah." Marcell groaned, wiping his face with his towel. "I'm alright."

"He touched on my legs!" Chauncey scowled. "If he my older cousin, he shouldn't be doing that shit!"

Marcell took a deep breath as Chauncey nodded his head.

"Go 'head." Chauncey scowled again. "Tell 'em."

Marcell sighed, looking down.

"I think that I scared Tina because I walked in on her while she was changing. I guess I kind of freaked her out." Marcell sighed again. "I apologized for it. That was my fault."