Chapter 43 - Hey Jim!

Chapter 43

-

I sat on the couch texting my mom after school.

'Graduation's soon isn't it? -Mom'

'Yeah, the 20th. - Caelyn'

'Oh awesome, so how's Josh? - Mom'

'Good, he's recording today. I have to go, the guys will be here soon - Caelyn'

'Bye dear - Mom'

I slid my phone into my pocket. School was fine today, Olivia bitched at me as always, Ryder was okay. I feel bad for him. Just loosing my dad was bad enough, now he's loosing his sister to some douchebag and his parents are getting divorced and his dad's leaving. Josh came out from the music room with his new guitar the I got him.

"Ian's late." Josh said as he looked at the clock. I looked at what he was wear. Black skinny jeans, Areosmith shirt, leather jacket, two belts. Wait, two belts?

"Josh, why the fuck are you wearing two belts?" I chuckled.

"I couldn't chose." Josh said innocently.

"You're such a weirdo, I love you though." I giggled.

"Love you too." He smiled. I got up from the couch and came up to him.

"How much time are you gonna be at the studio for?" I asked.

"I'm not quite sure, Ella's coming though, you'll have company. I'm glad that you had today off of work." Josh said.

"Yeah me too, work's a pain in the ass. I have to go back tomorrow though." I said.

"I know." Josh said then kissed me.

"Hey we're here!" Mike knocked on the door.

"And late!" Josh said and went to answer the door.

"It's better late than never." Mike said. I walked outside to the hallway.

"You cheesy bastard." I laughed.

"Hey!" Mike defended himself.

"So, where is the rest of our band?" Josh asked as we walked down the hallway.

"In Walter, they forced me to come in here." Mike whinned.

"Don't like visiting us Mikey?" I joked.

"Shut up." Mike chuckled. We made our way to Walt and said hi to everyone then left. We arrived at the studio and went to the recording room place.

"So, guys, what do you want to do first?" Josh asked.

"Push, that ones my favourite." Ian said.

"Then here we go!" Josh smiled.

-

Ella laid on my lap and the guys recorded Far From Here for the 80th time. It was probably around midnight.

"We need to visit Raine sometime. Once we graduate." Ella said.

"Yeah we totally should. You and Raine would get along nice I think." I said.

"Okay, as soon as school ends, we buy plane tickets. Deal?" Ella asked.

"Deal. Wanna make some prank calls?" I asked.

"Hella yeah." Ella sat up. I got out my phone and dialed a number. They picked up.

"Ello?" I said.

"Hi, who is this?" A man asked.

"Wendy from the office." I said.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you." He said.

"Yeah you do. You're Jim. My fellow intern. Oh Jim, you're going crazy." I smiled.

"My name is not Jim, I'm Joe, and I don't work as a intern." He said.

"Joe? Stop making things up. You're obviously trying to pull a little prank on me. Anyways, your 120 sheets of paperwork are here, I'd like for you to pick them up." I said.

"I'm not trying to pull a prank on you! Shut up and never call again!" He hung up. Ella and I burst out laughing.

"Jesus Christ, that was great. Call him again." Ella laughed. I redialed the number.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hi Jim!" I said. He hung up again. Ella and I laughed. The guys came out and played back the song. "Is it done yet?" I asked.

"We're gonna do it one more time, Matt and I just can't seem to get that one part right." Josh said as they played it back.

"Okay Jim." I smiled. Ella laughed.

"Jim? How fucking tired are you?" Josh chuckled.

"You had to be there, but also, really fucking tired, we were up til like 5 am." I pointed out.

"True that." Josh smiled.