Chapter 13 - Getting Ready

Chapter 13

-

"Mom!" I yelled from the kitchen island.

"Caelyn!" Mom yelled back coming out from upstairs. "Oh hunny get off the island!" Mom said. I slid off and sat on the chair.

"Will you help me get ready for my date?" I asked.

"Of course." Mom smiled we went downstairs.

"I picked out this dress and these shoes but I need help with accessories, nails , hair and makeup." I stressed. I looked at the black spaghetti strap dress with a sweetheart neckline and my converse wedges.

"Oh Caelyn. You're really freaking out about this date. Um, how about we do some cat eyes with light color eye shadow and your red lipstick. Then we do white nails." Mom said.

"You know best." I got out my makeup and nail polish and she went to work. When I was finished and my nails were dried I got out my case full of necklaces, bracelets, and earings. Mom picked out a silver heart locket, a silver treble clef bracelet, and black heart earring studs. I put on my dress and my shoes then all my jewelry.

"Just have to straighten your hair." Mom said. She straightened my hair and hair sprayed it. I looked in the mirror. I looked amazing.

"Thank you mom! I love it!" I gave her a hug.

"No problem hunny!" Mom said. I looked down at the clock. 6 o'clock on the dot. Josh should be here any minute. "So remember, be safe, no drinking and there are condoms in the drawer." Mom said.

"Oh mom!" I hit her on the shoulder with the back of my hand.

"You really like Josh don't you?"

"Yeah, a lot." I said slightly embarrassed.

"That's sweet, have a great time. Also I'm going to a friends house so you will have the house to yourself." Mom said.

"Okay mom!" I smiled and grabbed my phone off my bed. I put it in the purse thing that mom gave me because I didn't have one. The door bell rang. Mom and I ran upstairs and I opened the front door.

"Holy shit Porcelain. You look amazing." Josh said.

"You look pretty damn good yourself." I said. Josh was wearing the regular skinny jeans, a black shirt and a black blazer.

"Thanks, lets go." Josh took my hand and we left.