Chapter 8 - Sicker Things

Chapter 8

"I see myself with you." Josh said. I looked up and looked into his blue eyes, way more awesome than my boring brown eyes.

"Really?" I blushed.

"Yes." He cupped my face and slowly brought it to his. He softly kissed me but then rougher. I threw my arms around his neck. Josh smiled into the kiss. This was hurting my new piercing so bad but I didn't care. It was worth it. Josh was such an amazing kisser. He broke the kiss and smirked at me. "Will you be my girlfriend, Porcelain?"

"Yeah." I leaned in for another kiss. Dammit this was hurting my lip. When we pulled away he took my hand.

"Can I play you a song I'm working on?" Josh asked. I nodded and he ran to get his guitar. When he came back he sat down and started to strum.

"It's called Sicker Things." Josh said.

"Backwards leaving, game we're beating

Stupid reasons, useless feelings

I wasn't that surprised (It's always part of my)

Awkward attempts to stay gone

I remain unknown

I'm bleeding where I bled

I'm hiding where I hid

I'm entertained in sicker things

And everybody said

I'm burning out instead

The softer side of unbearable

Feel castrated, Complicated

Feelings fleeted, Mind mistreated

I wasn't that prepared (I wasn't that aware)

Just wanted to disappear

I remain unknown

I'm bleeding where I bled

I'm hiding where I hid

I'm entertained in sicker things

And everybody said

I'm burning out instead

The softer side of unbearable

Comin' Around, comin' down

Givin' a frown to the sound

When I hit ground I

Hate the way that I say ecstasy

When I know that I don't give a fuck about it anyway

Stay awake, Feeling cold and tired" He sang. "That's all I have." He smiled. It sounded great even though he still sounded funny from the piercing.

"That's amazing! How do you do that?" I clapped.

"I just do I guess!" Josh laughed. "So the end of summer party is on Friday. Are you going?"

"Are you?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"I don't know, I'm not a party person." I shrugged.

"Come on Porce! For me?" Josh put on a puppy dog face. I could not resist that. It was too cute.

"For you." I smiled.

"Thank you!" He hugged me. I chuckled slightly. I looked over at his clock to see it was 9 o'clock.

"Lets go for a walk." I said. Josh agreed. He opened the window and hopped out. I followed behind him. We walked out onto the streets of Vancouver. Josh slid his hand into mines and locked our fingers. We walked for about a hour and just talked. We were infront of my house. "I'm gonna turn in. Night." I kissed him on the cheek.

"Night Porcelain." Josh said. I walked away and tried to turn the knob. Mom must be asleep. Thank god. I grabbed my keys out of my back pocket and unlocked the door. My mom was sitting on the couch doing paper work. Crap.

"Hey mom." I said grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Oh hunny! You got your hair dyed! I could've come with you!" Mom said. I took a sip from my water bottle.

"Its okay, I went with Josh." I turned around to get a chocolate bar out of the drawer.

"Whoa Caelyn! You got a lip piercing. We didn't agree on that." Mom said. Shit. I knew she wouldn't like it. Damn you Josh.

"I know but we were there and I was like, what the hell?" I lied.

"Okay but no more doing things without my permission. How was your day? You haven't been home much." Mom said.

"I know, I've been hanging out with Matt and Josh. I was at Matt's last night. Sorry mom." I said sitting down beside her.

"Its fine. So meet any cute boys yet?" Mom asked. Should I tell her about Josh? Oh I don't know! I'm terrible at decisions!

"Moooooom." I said.

"You're avoiding the question! Who is it?" Mom asked. I huffed.

"Josh." I groaned.

"So are you two dating?"

"As of today." I said taking another sip.

"Congrats Caelyn! Now, I got to get back to work. Goodnight." She gave me a quick hug.

"Night, see ya tomorrow." I smiled and made my way to my room. I still don't have everything unpacked. I'm such a lazy ass. My closet is barely half full. I grabbed a old big comfy shirt and undies. I had a long warm shower and dried my hair. I put on my clothes and removed any makeup that was left on my face. I laid down on my bed and looked at the ceiling. Oh fuck! I didn't ask Josh. Argh. Next time. I got my guitar from behind me and started to strum random chords.