Chapter 17 - Home. Now.

Chapter 17

  - Next day -

Josh told me to meet him at his house so I got ready and left. It was pouring rain out. I knocked on the front door and Corlynn answered. She let me in and when I was about to go downstairs Sara's voice called me.

"Hi Caelyn!" Sara said. I looked back to see she was on the sofa texting someone. She's been doing that a lot lately.

"Sara, tell me who the fuck you're texting."

"My new boyfriend...." Sara smiled widely.

"Awe! Sara's got a boyfriend!" I danced around.

"Just go see my brother." Sara giggled and went back to her phone. I rolled my eyes and went downstairs. Josh was laying on his bed looking at the ceiling. I jumped on the bed with him.

"Mmm hey babe." Josh turned to me. He looked weak and his eyes were red.

"You're on a high." I said.

"I'm trying to cut back though."

"How many days clean from cutting?" I asked.

"1." Josh sighed. He wasn't proud and I could tell.

"Don't be sad. Its a start." I kissed him.

"I know, but I want to stop for you." Josh said. Even at a serious time like this he could make me blush. "Look its stopped raining. Lets go out."

"Where?" I asked twiddling my thumbs.

"The park!" Josh said getting up and pulling me by the hand. We left through his back door. We came to the park and I sat on the swing. My legs dangled.

"Will you push me?" I asked.

"You're such a kid." Josh laughed and started to push me.

"Thank you." I smiled. We swang for probably another 10 minutes when it started to downpour again. "Awe shit." I said. I jumped off the swing and ran under a tree. Josh followed behind me.

"So much for it clearing up." Josh sighed.

"I actually don't mind because I've always wanted to do this." I pulled him out from under the tree and kissed him. A kiss in the rain. Check off my bucket list. Just as we really started getting at the kiss Josh's phone rang.

"I'm sorry." Josh said and picked up his phone. "Hey!... Uh kay." Josh put his phone back. "That was dad, he wants me home."

"Can I come and dry off?" I asked.

"Yup!" Josh said and we got in his car and drove back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! cliff hanger sort of thing! two updates in a day though! kay byes!