Chapter 24 - Marianas Trench?

Chapter 24

  -

The alarm beeped. I opened my eyes slightly.

"Did you set that?" I asked reaching my hand over to turn it off.

"People before us must've." Josh said as he snaked a arm around my naked body.

"I'm sore." I complained.

"Just because I'm so huge." Josh chuckled. I laughed.

"Shut up." I turned to him.

"Thanks for being my Valentine." Josh said as he ran his fingers through my sex hair that he had too.

"Thank you for being mine." I smiled.

"So, I wanna have a band meeting today, fix up a song that I'm working on and think of a name so we can start maybe getting gigs." Josh said.

"Can I call Ella over so I'm not so fucking bored this time?" I half laughed.

"Yeah, but we should clean ourselves up." Josh chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go shower." I got up and walked to the washroom. I showered and grabbed a towel. I made my way out to a nearly nude Josh, just in boxers. "Wanna hand me my clothes?" I asked. Josh nodded and handed me a pile of my clothes. I felt so gross putting on the same thing as yesterday but I didn't bring anything else so I had to. I changed right in front of him, not caring.

"My turn." Josh left with his clothes. I grabbed the elastic off my wrist and pulled back my messy hair not bothering to brush it. I sat down on the bed and got out my cell. I texted Ella and asked if she wanted to come to the band meeting with us. She said she was already coming with Matt and that she'd see me later. Josh came out later fully dressed.

"Should we clean up?" I asked.

"That's what maids get paid for, isn't it?" Josh said.

"Okay, but I'm taking the jelly beans." I said taking the container.

"Good, I bought them for you." Josh laughed. "Lets go." Josh said. We left and he dropped me off at my house and told me to meet him at his house when I was ready. I opened the door to see my mom.

"Did you have fun?" Mom asked.

"Lots. I'm gonna go hang out at band practice with Ella. I just have to get ready. Later Ma!" I said grabbing apple.

"Bye hun!" Mom said. I walked downstairs and closed the door. I stripped from my dirty clothes and grabbed new undergarments, a loose long sleeved gray shirt and black skinny jeans. Agh, I love jeans so much. I changed and brushed my hair, not bothering to do anything with it. I quickly did my regular makeup and left through the back. I made my way to Josh's and went to his room where everybody was.

"Hey Porce. Welcome!" Josh said as I took at seat next to Ella.

"Hey douche, nice to be here!" I said.

"Hey hey hey. No need to be naughty." Josh winked at me, I giggled. "So, we need a band name." Josh said.

"What about... hmm. Uh, maybe, no... It could be...." Matt thought.

"What about Marianas Trench?" Josh said after a good 10 minutes of all of us sitting there thinking.

"I like it." I said.

"Same." Ian said.

"Not bad." Mike said.

"Yup!" Matt agreed.

"It's awesome!" Ella said.

"That's final. Marianas Trench is our band's name." Josh clapped. We all woo'd and clapped. Wow, this actually happening. They have a name and some songs. They could start getting gigs anytime now. "So, I started and almost finished a song last night. I think I'm gonna call it Far From Here, maybe." Josh said and got his guitar out.

" And I wondered why you came for all this after so long 

When it ripped into you like the son you never were 

And I don't think this is what you wanted now 

It feels alright but that's a lie that's always near 

Sit around and blame the one that put you here 

I laughed aloud to drown it out 

So I could breathe and feel the space around me (I'm not kidding anymore) 

And I wondered why you never doubted getting there (so far from here) 

When it pulls you down and throws you over, waiting there 

Why do you always end up right back here 

It feels alright but that's a lie that's always near 

Sit around and blame the one that put you here 

I laughed aloud to drown it out 

So I could breathe and feel the space around me (I'm not kidding anymore)" Josh sang. "Maybe we could do a you always end up here a few times?" Josh wondered.

"I think that would sound good." Mike said. Here comes the extremely long writing process.