"Care to explain what that was about?" He asks back.

I look at him, "I really wish I knew."

•Ryder's POV•

"We've been searching for three hours now, lets try again tomorrow." Trent says.

I hesitate, but nod.

He's right, we don't want to push it. We don't even know if Cam is back, there might be a new resident that looks like him.

"Where are the others?" I ask.

"Mara invited them over, so we'll just go there I guess."

We hop on our bikes and cruise to Mara's house. When we get there, her parents car is gone, but Josh's bike is there and Mandy's car is in her driveway.

We go to the front door and knock, Layla opens the door and jumps into Trent's arms. I grin and roll my eyes, going inside to find my own mate.

I find her in the living room with Mandy, Cole, and Josh watching a movie.

I come around and pick her up so that she sits on my lap.

She smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

Trent and Layla come back in and Josh looks at his watch, "It's only four, why don't we go and do something?" He asks.

"Like what?" Mara asks.

"Like," Josh thinks, "Go to the beach!" He says.

"How far away is it?" Mara asks.

I shrug, "Like, half an hour."

She stands up, "Why not? Shall we meet there then?"

Everyone gets up and nods in agreement.

I kiss Mara quickly on the lips, "I'll come back in twenty to pick you up."

She smiles, "Alright."

I go back outside and see the guys leaving, I get on my bike and go to my house. When I get in, I go up to my room and change into my boardies and chuck on a t-shirt.

I go and pick up Mara, who comes out in a sundress, and we get going to the beach.

••••*••••

"You do realise that we're going into winter right?" Mara asks as we all walk to the sand.

Josh shrugs, "At least we have most of the beach to ourselves."

She laughs and shakes her head, I grab her hand and intertwine our fingers.

She looks down at our linked hands and smiles, then looks to me and winks before turning her head to the ocean, the sea breeze whipping her hair back.

I smile at the sight of her and put down her stuff when we get to the spot Josh picked.

I look around and see the guys have taken of their shirts, so I take mine off too. They all look at me mischievously and then look at the girls, who are talking about how blue the water is.

A smirk forms on my face and I nod.

Josh walks over to them, "Wow, check that out!" He says as he points to nothing in the sky.

"What?" Mandy asks as they all try to find what he's pointing at.

That's our cue and we run over and pick up our mates, throwing them over our shoulders. Mandy and Layla scream and start hitting Trent and Cole's back. I notice Mara isn't doing anything.