XLVIII. - Adjustments -

Life for the Faulkersons has never been this good. Everyone has adjusted to the new house rules and measures that must be taken now that they have a baby amongst them. Camilla so far was quite excellent, she even exceeded their expectations. She did not cry much and was almost always asleep. Her cute round face made Athena and Maine gush whenever they walk by her, Thirdy and RJ had to be put under surveillance because they always spent their free time trying to pinch her bubble cheeks. Antony kept on gawking and taking pictures while Jacob felt a bit overprotective especially now that he's a big brother. Everyone's excited to see her grow and add more color to their already wonderful lives.

"Love, coffee na ... please." She whispered and started nudging RJ on the ribs. Maine just had a sleepless night because Camilla woke up at around 2:00 am and did not sleep since then.

"Kay Yaya ..." RJ groaned, keeping his eyes closed. Maine frowned and pushed him so hard, he fell off the bed. She then heard a loud thud followed by his deep morning voice.

"Ouch."

She waited for him to move but when he didn't, Maine peered on the side of the bed and saw RJ still sleeping on the floor.

"Oh come on." Maine whispered and slipped out of bed. She stretched both her arms and legs before she walked downstairs.

"Good Morning, Mommy!" she looked down and saw Athena beaming at her. Anthony stood up from his chair and walked towards the stairs.

"Gising na si Camilla?" he asked in an excited tone.

"Kakatulog lang. Kayo talaga, masyado kayong excited ah." She commented and walked past him.

"Mom! Alis na po ako!" Thirdy yelled and he came striding down the stairs. Maine's eyes narrowed and asked where he'll be off to.

"Jack. Today's his birthday." Her son replied and quickly planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Birthday nung boyfriend niya." Athena muttered, teasing him.

"Shut up." Thirdy replied and quickly ran out of the door. Maine then watched him get into his car through the glass wall. Her eyes only left Thirdy when he drove away.

"Kayo, wala ba kayong pasok?" she asked the twins.

"Mommy, Good Morning!" Jacob's happy voice filled the entire house. She looked at him and saw that his hands quickly covered his mouth.

"Sorry, maingay." He then whispered and hastily made his way downstairs. He sat next to Anthony and started eating the French toasts that the maid prepared. Maine smiled at her kids. Then slowly, she turned her back on them and started preparing coffee.

---

"Good Morning, baby!" Thirdy said, teasing Jack a few seconds after he raided his room. He swiftly closed the door and looked at his best friend. The young Faulkerson frowned when he did not wake up. Knowing that they will soon be late for school, he grabbed Jack's pencil case and dropped it on his bare chest. His friend sat up right away and emitted a weird shrieking noise.

"Gago ka talaga, why are you here?" Jack asked in a pissed off tone.

"Today's your birthday, moron." Thirdy answered and threw his gift at him. Jack caught it and tore the wrapper right away, revealing a new G-shock watch underneath.

"Dude ...." Jack murmured and quickly left the bed. He raised a hand and they did a quick high five.

"Did you like it?" Thirdy asked.