XLIV. - Happily -

The warm morning sunshine went through the clear thick glass and caressed RJ's face. Slowly, he reacted to it and finally woke up. The first thing he felt is how sore his body is from last night's events. He and Maine just got married for the second time, a renewal of vows ceremony that just cemented their already strong relationship as a married couple.

He looked at his side and noticed that she's already out of bed; he's alone in the room. RJ then put his shirt on and went downstairs, only to be greeted by the pleasantly sweet smell of melting butter.

"Pancakes." He whispered and went straight to the kitchen.

"Good Morning Daddy!" his four kids greeted. RJ quickly smiled and walked towards them. He then looked at Maine a saw a knowing smile on her beautiful face.

"Good Morning Kids ... Good Morning, My queen." He greeted back.

"Kain ka na, nakapag-luto na si Yaya Merlie." She replied. RJ smiled and walked towards her. He held her hands and raised them at a level where their children could see.

"Akyat na tayo ulit."

"Hah? Bakit naman?" she asked.

"Ano bang ginagawa ng mga bagong kasal?"

"Honeymoon!" Thirdy exclaimed and RJ smiled. Maine glared at him and pulled her hands away.

"Hoy! Kayong mag-amang maharot! Ang aga-aga." She uttered and rolled her eyes at them. RJ looked at Thirdy and his son winked. He slowly raised his left hand and gave his eldest a simple thumb up sign.

"Mommy, what's honeymoon?" Jacob asked.

"Wala yun anak. Biscuit yun, biscuit." Maine answered and RJ chuckled.

"Biscuit? Come on love."

"Ricardo, walang sexy time ng isang taon sige ka." She said.

"Uy! We have kids in front of us. That is rated SPG." He replied, teasing her.

"Ewan ko sa 'yo."

"Mommy, what's sexy time?" Jacob asked again.

"Ay, jusko lord."

--

After eating his breakfast, Thirdy got dressed and went to school. Slowly, the loneliness in his heart caused by Emery's absence is getting filled up. Not by someone new but by his family and friends. Jack was right when he said he's going to have a great time with his family. And for the first time in a long time, Thirdy became positive that he'll be alright and that all he needs is time.

"Dude!" he looked on and saw Jack rushing towards him. Thirdy smiled and they did a high five.

"You have eye bags, puyat ka." His friend told him.

"Obviously, ikaw din naman eh." Thirdy answered. He then took a deep breath and thanked Jack for being there for him last night.

"That's okay, anything for you. You're my brother from another mother; I don't want you to be sad." Jack replied right before they got onto the hallway.

"Ang sweet naman, tayo na lang kaya?" Thirdy asked, teasing him.

"Suntok? Gusto mo?" Jack asked back and they both laughed. The young Faulkerson then spotted their teacher heading to the faculty; he suddenly remembered his top priority for today.

" I'll see you later, bruv." He said and ran after the teacher.

Thirdy caught up with her right before she entered the faculty room. He took a deep breath and gave her a sweet smile.

"Bakit?"

"Ma'am, I won't be able to join the popularity contest. I would like to withdraw." Thirdy answered.

"Why? sayang naman, you have a good chance of actually winning it."

"I know po. Pero, I need to do something else pa and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give it my best." He replied. Thirdy's smile is still there, he's using it to coax his teacher into giving him the permission of withdrawal from the contest.

"Fine, sige na nga. Basta next year ah?"

"Opo! I promise!" Thirdy replied. The young guy then ran towards the classroom and saw next to Jack. He gave his best friend a smile and thumbs up sign with both of his hands.

"What did you do?"

"I withdrew from the contest." Thirdy said proudly.

"Really? Eh ako?"

"Nope."

"Eh bakit di mo sinabi na ayaw ko din?"

"Nakalimutan ko eh."

"Ugh, I hate you."

--

Thirty minutes after their kids left, Maine and RJ sat on the mini porch outside and watched the sea. They've been doing it for sixteen years straight but still, they couldn't get enough of how beautiful their place is.

"Gusto ko na dito tayo tumanda." She whispered.

"Matanda ka na."

"Ih, Ricardo naman eh."

"Sorry! Ako din, love. Siyempre, gusto ko din dito." RJ answered and wrapped his arms around her. The heat coming from his body felt pleasant on her skin. Maine closed her eyes and imagined that one sweet day. She can see their four grand kids running around and playing along the beach. Thirdy and his wife along with Athena and Tanner are carefully watching over the youngsters, and how the cold wind would caress her face gently to deliver nothing but comfort. Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked at Richard ... only to see him staring at her.

"Bakit ka ganiyan makatingin? Matutunaw ako." She said.

"Sorry naman. Iniisip ko lang kung ano yung nagawa kong mabuti para ibigay sa akin ni God ang napaka-ganda at napaka-bait na asawa. Naturuan mo pa nga akong magtaglog ng diretso oh! I love you, Menggay ko. I love you so much." He said and hugged her tightly. Maine smiled and kissed him on the lips.

"Swerte din naman ako sa'yo eh, sobra."

"Talaga?"

"Oo naman."

"Tara, honeymoon na ulit. Cuddle cuddle tayo."

"Mag-isa ka."

"Sige na .... Cuddle cuddle lang." RJ begged.

"Dito na lang. Naka-cuddle naman na tayo. Mhaiya ka naman kay Yaya baka akala niya haliparot tayo." Maine answered.

"Di ba totoo?"

"Ikaw lang." Maine said and RJ quickly kissed her neck.

"Ang harot ng asawa ko. Parang six years old lang." she commented.

"Pero pag nasa bed nagiging 26." He answered and winked at her. Maine then turned to her side to fully face him. She placed both of her hands at the sides of his face and saw the three words that will always bind the two of them together.

"I love you."

--

last 6 chapters na guys ^^ wag nang bibitaw ...