XIV. - Better Parents -

Maine returned to their room thinking about every single thing that her family is going through right now. Thirdy and his raging hormones, Athena and her secret boyfriend, Anthony seeing his parents flirt with each other and Jacob potentially being scarred for the rest of his life because of the porn he saw on Thirdy's computer. 

"Love, are you alright?" RJ asked, wrapping his arms around her. 

"Yeah, i just realized something." 

"What is it?" 

"We should be better parents." 

"We are great parents." 

"No, we're not. Ricardo , may maayos ba na parent na kinukunsinti ang anak niya?" she asked. 

"What? Di ko sila kinukunsinti ah." 

"Anong hindi? I know you Richard." she said, eyeing him. RJ then quickly displayed his adorable middle-aged puppy face. He placed his chin on her shoulders and smelled her skin. 

"Ih, nakikiliti ako." she said, pulling away from him. Maine then reached for her laptop and opened it. 

"What are you doing?" 

"Searching for tips." 

"For what?" 

Maine rolled her eyes and looked at him. She placed one hand in his and turned to her side to face him properly. 

"We need a family meeting." 

---

Thirdy's still nervous. He's pretty sure that after Jack leaves, his mother would come up to his room and give him the mother sermon of all sermons. 

After about an hour of playing video games, the two young lads stopped. jack brought out his phone while Thirdy pulled out a fresh towel and underwear from his drawer. 

"Where are you going?" Jack asked.

"Shower, sama ka?" Thirdy asked back, removing his shirt off in the process. 

"Sige." 

"Baliw." he said and so his friend laughed. Thirdy stepped into the shower room and turned on the hot water. Fog started filling the glass cubicle. The warm flow of water traveled his entire naked body before landing at his feet. 

Thirdy closed his eyes and started getting visions of what his life was two years ago. Everything was great, he was just a kid. But a lot of things already happened. He's no longer as innocent as he once were. He did things. Things that no 15 year old kid with a proper mind would do. He has a valid reason for that though. Like his father, Richard Mallory M. Faulkerson was diagnosed with a mental condition. He has Cyclothymia which is basically a milder version of Bipolar Disorder. 

Ever since he was diagnosed six ears ago, Thirdy's always been looking after his mood. He always avoided things that can make him too happy or too sad. 

 "Thirdy?" Jack's voice cut through the noise of the shower. 

"Thirdy? baby?" he joked. 

"What do you want?" he finally asked back. 

"I'm leaving." 

"Already? Pasok ka dito, kiss muna kita." he teased. 

"Ulol. Bye! I'll see you around!"

"Bye!" 

After silence fell on him again, Thirdy closed his eyes and sat on the tiled floor. His heart is beating fast, it's starting to happen again.