XLI. - Amanda pt. 2 -

"What? Step mom ni Tanner si Amanda?" Maine heard Rose ask through the phone.

"Yes. Di ba kayo nagka-usap nung magaling mong pinsan?" she asked. Maine is extremely concerned of what kind of damage Amanda will bring to their family especially now that she has a strong connection with them once again.

"Nope. Di ba she went to the U.S. nung time na yun? We never had the chance to have a proper talk since then. And besides, we're not in good terms naman na even before she left."

"Ganun ba? I wish wala na siyang gawin ngayon." Maine replied. A few minutes later, the call ended. She returned to the living room and saw Kelsey watching the television.

"Asan si baby?" she asked.

"Asa taas na, pinapatulog ni Yaya. Nga pala, ano na nga yung sasabihin mo?"

Maine sat next to Kelsey and took a few pieces of raisin. After she ate them, Mrs. Faulkerson drank a bit of water and faced her best friend.

"Si Tanner di ba kilala mo yun? Step mom pala niya is si Amanda. Naloka ako kahapon nung nakita ko. At yung malala, si Athena pa yung nainis samin. Apparently, mabait yung bruha sa kaniya." Maine told Kelsey. Her best friend's mouth agape, she then gave Maine a very shocked look.

"Jusko lord."

"Jusko lord indeed. Ngayon kelangan pa namin isipin kung paano masasabi kay Athena yung totoo." Maine answered.

"Nga pala, tingnan mo yung asawa mo tsaka si Chris."

Maine looked outside and saw the two guys talking to each other. She smiled, seeing them still friends with each other makes her happy. RJ and Chris met when they were just boys and the friendship they were able to forge became so strong, it is still alive even after two decades.

"Ang cute nilang tingnan no? I swear napagkamalan ko na silang mag-jowa dati." Maine whispered and Kelsey giggled.

"Ako din naman eh. Nga pala ... look naman dun sa kabilang dulo. Xerox copy nga ni RJ si Thirdy." Kelsey said and so Maine looked at the said direction. Her heart fluttered after she saw her son also talking to his best friend, Jack. Two generations of Faulkersons mirroring each other perfectly. Maine smiled and started tearing up.

"Mag-tatay nga sila." she said with a smile on her face.

"Yung pose ni RJ at Chris, parehang-pareha sa kanila." Kelsey commented.

"Kaya nga worried na worried ako na baka maulit lang yung history kay Thirdy. Sobrang harot, ako ng naloloka sa kaniya."

"Parang si RJ ba nun?"

"As in. Actually, baka mas malala pa nga eh."

"Hay naku, mga Faulkerson guys talaga ..."

---

"Athena I'm sorry, I didn't know na magka-aaway pala sila." Tanner told her through the phone. The young girl let out a sigh and sat on the edge of her bed.

"Ako din naman eh. Basta promise we'll not get affected by this ... okay?"she asked.

"Of course. I actually think it's pathetic na nag-aaway sila. Basta tayo, okay lang tayo. Chill chill lang." Tanner assured her. Athena smiled and seconded his statement.

"I agree ... basta tayo ... steady lang."

---

"Dude, what are you gonna do? Emery already moved out of town. Babalik siya sa school bukas but that is to properly file her transferee form. Nasabi mo na ba sa parents mo?" Jack asked him.