XVII. - Goals -

The preparation for RJ's birthday on Sunday  intensified over the next few days. Maine and Kelsey made sure that every tiny aspect of the party would be perfect on the day itself. 

And since they're only two days away, she no longer hid her plans from him. She even asked for RJ's help on finding the best decorations that would fit in their beach. He gladly helped her even though it's all supposed to be a surprise. 

"Mommy, what time sa Sunday?" Athena asked. All their four kids are at home because of a teacher's convention at school. 

"Merienda hanggang Dinner." she replied. Maine already secured the catering company that will serve them food. 

"Can I bring Tanner with me?" her daughter asked. Maine just let out a sigh of frustration and nodded. Athena and Tanner are a good fit. But the thing is, he's already a senior and she's a freshman. Maine promised herself that she will not stop her children from loving who they ant to love but she never stated she won't set boundaries from them. 

Maine already talked to Athena about their age gap and said that she'll keep a close eye on them. But since her daughter really wants her to see a more relaxed and chill side of Tanner, she permitted her to bring him. 

"Athena's got a boyfriend." Anthony teased. 

"Shut up, fat ass." she replied. 

"Ma oh!" Anthony yelled.

"Tama na yan! Yung kuya niyong maharot asan na naman?" Maine asked, looking around for Thirdy.

"I'm here! Not doing anything maharot!" Thirdy yelled. Maine looked at the screen of his laptop and saw that he's designing the greeting tarp for RJ. 

"Ayan, ayus yan." she said.

"Thanks." 

"Di mo ba isasama si Emery?" Maine then asked, wanting to meet his girlfriend. 

"Pwede po ba?" 

"Of course." 

"Then I will, thanks Mom." 

--

RJ spent the entire morning with Chris. They are at a construction site supervising and watching the operation of some of their workers. 

"Ba bro, mukhang hands on si Misis sa party ah." Chris said, handing him a bottle of water. 

"Oo eh. Hinayaan ko na, she's well happy." 

"Eh ikaw, happy ka ba?" Chris asked. 

"Of course." RJ said, lying to him. 

His emotions have been all over the place lately. And even though he already took his meds, his mood swings just kept on going. 

"You know what, I think  ... being older and all ... ang dami na nating napag-daanan." 

"Madami naman na talaga. We were womanizers back then. Lived on a day to day basis with nothing but sex in our minds. Things have changed, Chris." he said, smiling at his best friends. 

"Yes they have." 

"But one thing remained the same." 

"What is it?" 

"My love for Maine." 

"Cheesy, Ulol." Chris said, and they both laughed. 

---

After lunch, Thirdy met up with Jack at the mall so they can buy gifts for RJ. He already asked Emery if she can come and she said she will. 

"Anong bibigay mo sa kanila?" Jack asked him.