XLIII. - Sixteen Years -

Songs for this chapter:

1. "Say You Won't Let Go" - James Arthur

2. "I Was Made For Loving You" - Tori Kelly

---

Maine smiled after she saw her own reflection in the mirror. She then placed a hand over her baby bump, she can't wait for her baby to come out. The warmth of the morning sunlight felt good on her skin. She turned her head to the side and walked towards the window. Her smile became bigger after she saw the vast ocean in front of their house. The way the sun highlighted and made the color blue more vibrant added appeal to the place. She lived here for the past sixteen years of her life and yet she's still amazed by its beauty.

"Love?" that familiar thick voice caressed her ears. Her lips turned to a sweet smile and she turned around. Standing a few feet away is her shirtless husband. Polished by time and experience, he can still give young male models a run for their money.

"Magsuot ka nga ng damit baka makita na naman tayo ng mga bata." she said softly.

"The door is locked." he replied. RJ smiled and moved towards her.

Maine closed her eyes after he placed his massive hands on her hips. She settled hers on his shoulders and they started slow dancing, without any music at all.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you too." she answered right away.

"Menggay ng buhay ko ... can your sweetie pie RJ request something?" he asked her, displaying his trademark puppy eyes that she can never resist. Maine smiled and asked him what it is.

"Pwedeng after ni baby, isa pa?"

Maine quickly pushed him away. The smile on her face faded and was quickly replaced by a frown.

"Grabe ka .... lima na yung anak natin oh gusto mo pa? RJ, too much stress na. Okay na sila." she answered. Maine then folded her arms over her chest. She meant every word she said to him before. This will be the last time she'll get pregnant, she's done.

"But I really want a big family." he answered, pouting his lower lip to make himself look even more irresistible.

"Love ... hubby ... can you please wait na lang? For sure, may apo ka na kay Thirdy. Yung anak mo kasi, sobrang harot." she replied.

"Menggay ... if ever magka-apo na tayo, tatanggapin ko yun. Because he's our son and what he and Emery did will never be a mistake. Parang yung sa atin nun, di ba we thought we're the greatest idiots that ever walked the Earth? Magka-away pa nga tayo nung una eh kaso we learned to turn things around. And now, anniversary na natin. Love, 16th anniversary na natin ... road to forever na talaga 'to and it is not a mistake." he replied. Maine's heart fluttered after she saw the sincerity in his eyes. After all this time, he's still madly in love with her.

"Asus, ewan ko sa'yo." Maine uttered. She then took him by the hand and they started walking towards the door.

"I love Thirdy ... " she whispered before adding " ... but I think what they made was a huge mistake."

"Don't mind it muna, love. I'm sorry ... anniversary natin ngayon, you're supposed to be happy." RJ replied. The two then went downstairs, only to see their four kids standing in front of a huge Happy Anniversary handmade poster that they secretly made as a surprise.

Maine's heart jumped and the smile returned to her face. She placed her hand on her chest right before she started crying tears of joy.

"You guys ..." she whispered and they all rushed to them. Thirdy gave her a quick kiss and hug before he wrapped his arms around his Dad, he is really RJ's mini me. Athena also kissed and hugged Maine before she did the same to RJ. Anthony's the sweetest by far because he gave her flowers.