XXXVII. - This Is Us -

"Congrats, Man!"

"For what?" Thirdy asked Jack before they entered the classroom. His best friend then whispered something that quickly made him blush.

"Kasi you're not a virgin anymore."

"How the fuck did you know?" he asked before quickly turning around to see if anyone has heard them.

"I'm Jack, man. I know stuff." his friend said and Thirdy laughed. The young guy then sat on his seat and looked at Emery's seat. After he saw that she's not there, he decided to give her a call.

"Hey babe." he said.

"Hi, I won't be at school today. Pasensiya ka na."

"Why?"

"Mom and Dad are fighting. I can't just leave them here." Emery answered.

"Do you want me to go there?" he offered. Thirdy is now really concerned for her.

"No. I'll call you later, bye." she answered and then ended the call. The young guy just gulped before he placed his phone inside his pocket.

"What's going on?" Jack asked.

"Her parents are fighting."

---

RJ took a deep breath and sat next to his wife. He handed her the bowl of popcorn and they started watching the movie.

"Menggay ko, okay ka na?" he asked.

"Okay naman. I'm just stressed, medyo hassle sa work. Ikaw?" she asked him. RJ let out a sigh and closed his eyes. Their company is having some financial related problems recently.

"Medyo stressed din." he finally answered.

"Checkup ko bukas ulit ah, sama ka?" she asked him.

"Oo naman love." he answered and then smiled at her. RJ then held Maine's hand and looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I think ... both Thirdy and I .... we need to see our therapists again." he said. For the past couple of days, RJ noticed that every single sign of his disorder has returned. His severe mood swings, inability to focus on one thing, anxiety, insomnia, promiscuity and etc. Same thing with Thirdy, he noticed the same pattern in their son and that worries him a lot.

"What's going on? What? Bakit pati si Thirdy? Are you alright?" Maine asked him, voicing out her concern.

"I'm obviously not. Maybe this is work stress ... I don't know. I just ... I just wanna be okay again." RJ said and a single drop of tear escaped his eyes. Maine quickly pulled him in for a hug and he just started crying. RJ kept things together for so long that he let all the damages build up and destroy him from the inside.

"We'll get help, okay?"

--

Tanner and Athena went to a nearby seafood restaurant after their classes. She asked him the reason for it and he said his step mom would like to bond with her.

"Close talaga kayo no?" she asked him.

"Yeah, she's great." he replied before he displayed to her his otherworldly smile.

A few minutes later, Amanda came and approached them. Athena greeted her before she sat back on her seat.

"Hello Athena, you look so pretty ah."

"Thanks po, Tita." she said.

"Did you order na?" she asked. When Tanner said they haven't, she called for a waiter. Athena on the other hand started tapping her fingers on her lap. She's really nervous.

---

The entire class where Anthony is in went straight to the garden to plant some root crops. It is a part of their Livelihood Education curriculum. They were partnered and given an assigned plot to take care of over the next couple of weeks. Much to his surprise, their teacher partnered him with his friend Emmett.

Anthony is fine with that, mainly because his eyes are too busy looking at the new girl. He has no intentions of introducing himself, he would just like to admire her from afar.

"Laway mo, tumutulo na." Emmett whispered and it quickly made him conscious.

"Do you know who she is?" Anthony asked.

"Her name is Andrea, she's cute but not my type."

"Obviously." Anthony replied, teasing him. Emmett rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Oh come on, I'm sorry!" he yelled and ran after his friend. The two are now back in good terms and he's hoping they will never fight again.

---

Later that day, RJ left to attend some meetings. A few minutes later, her parents arrived. Maine called them to ask for help.

"Anong nangyayari?" her Dad asked.

"RJ and Thirdy ... they need their therapists again." Maine replied and gave them two cups of hot coffee.

"Bumalik ba yung sakit nila?" her mom then asked.

"Ma, di naman umaalis yun ... nadadaan lang sa meds. Pero Thirdy's been very promiscuous lately, di rin siya masadong makatulog pag gabi. Nung minsan nakita ko naglilinis ng bahay -"

"Maganda nga yun eh." Mr. Mendoza commented.

"Dad, 2:00 am niya ginawa yun. I thought may magnanakaw, naglilinis lang pala siya. When I asked him why, he said he was bored and he couldn't sleep. RJ naman ... his severe mood swings are back, nahihirapan na din daw siya mag-concentrate sa work."

Maine's concern for her family is growing bigger. It came to a point where she's now afraid that it has already affected her pregnancy.

"Anong maitutulong namin?"

"Ma, I need you to stay with me here na muna. Pa, bukas ipapadala ko yung kambal. Dun muna sila sa inyo." she told them.

"Eh paano si Jacob?" her mother asked.

"Di papayag yun na mahiwalay sakin."

"Anak, bakit kailangan nakahiwalay yung kambal?" Mr. Mendoza then asked her. Maine took a deep breath and looked at her family picture.

"Kasi ayokong makita nilang umiyak yung tatay nila. RJ kept a strong front for the longest time. Di sanay yung mga bata na malungkot siya."

"Dito gagawin yung sessions nila?"

"Opo. Ma ... Pa ... kelangan ko po ng tulong niyo." she said, finally tearing up as well.

---

Thirdy got home later that day. He took a deep breath before he opened the door to their house.

"I'm here!" he yelled. The young guy then turned around and saw his mom talking to his therapist on the couch.

"What is going on?" he asked.

"Dr. Marie is here to help you cope with your cyclothymia." Maine replied. Thirdy turned his view towards the kitchen and saw his Dad's therapist drinking water.

"Pati yung kay Dad?" he asked.

"Yes, you both need help."

"I don't."

"Thirdy, pakiusap. You need help, hindi nawawala yang sakit mo."

"Fine ..." he whispered, finally acknowledging the sickness he's been trying to ignore for so long.

--

that's it for this part guys ^^ ready for their renewal of vows and the birth of Maine's baby? stay tuned :) ! x Last 13 chapters !