Chapter 35: Street Credit

8:55pm

I have no money whatsoever, but that's all gonna change in a few minutes. Earlier in the day, I hand picked 15 henchman to join me in my bank robbery tonight, including my right hand, Max. Really, I have a feeling everything is gonna go smooth, but deep down inside me I feel like something bad is gonna happen. Well, in the end, I need money, so nothing's gonna stop me now.

We readied ourselves outside Gotham National Bank. My henchmen waited in their van, as I got off my speed demon. I looked towards the entrance, and memories flooded my mind, as I thought about the time J and I robbed this bank. I quickly pushed aside my thoughts, when I got closer to the doors. I looked through the glass, and noticed there was way more people there then I expected. Who the fuck cashes a check at 8:55 at night? But hey, lucky for me. More people. More blood. Alot more fun.

I rose my hand up towards the henchman's van, as a signal for them to come out. My guys followed me, and we busted through the doors. Show time.

"Hello, people of Gotham!" I shouted, as my guys stood behind me, with guns pointed at the pedestrians. "How are we doing tonight?" I asked, as people cowered to the ground, and hid behind desks. No one said a word. "Tough crowd..." I grabbed my gun from my leg belt, and played with it. "Well, since no one wants to talk to me, I'll just take what I want and leave. Seems fair right?" I said, walking to a corner where people huddled. I continued to play with my gun, as I stood in front of them. Suddenly, I cocked it, and shot two men and one woman in a blink of an eye. Then I heard someone speak up...

"You'll never be like him, if you're trying to be..." I heard a man say, as I turned around to face him. He was sitting on the floor, and he had a business suit on, so I guessed he worked there. I stared at him, then laughed.

"Like who... It sure ain't bat-brains."

"The joker... you're trying to be like him. I heard about you on the news... you're nothing but a wanna be." The man spat. I stopped my laughter immediately.

"Listen asshole... I'm not trying to be anyone but myself." I walked towards the man. I smiled and bent down, looking him straight in the eye. "Now, I came here to take the bank's money, not to argue with you so if you don't mind..." I put my gun to his head, and his eyes widened. He pleaded, but I ignored him. "I'll check you out." I pulled the trigger. Blood ran down from the hole I put in his head, as his body slumped on the floor. People shrieked as I yelled at them to shut up.

"Boys... Clean it out will ya? And don't be long." I said, in a innocent voice. My henchman went to the large vault, and began to stuff the black duffle bags with green. Ahh, it's good to be in charge.

9:04pm

My men finally finished taking all the money, and I killed everyone in the bank just so I can have some fun. Sirens sounded throughout the city, and that wasn't a good sign. We went quickly back outside, and they started throwing the bags in the van; I decided to help them out.

"How much Max?" I asked.

"Approximately two million. We could've got more if... you know." He said, throwing the last bag in the van.

"Yeah, I know." I said, as I went over to my motorcycle. Max and the other henchman got in the van. Just as I was about to hop on, I saw a figure come from behind a building.

"What. A. Amateur!" I knew who it was from the sound of his voice. Jack. I felt butterflies in my stomach, but I had to push them away. He clapped, and came closer, making his figure more visible. "Ya know ya coulda prevented the blue hats from coming if ya would've switched the alarm off first." He shrugged, acting as though it's so easy.

"Well if it isn't the joker..." I said, looking into his blue eyes. I could get lost in them forever.

"Please, a pretty lady like yourself should call me J. And by the way have we met before?" He asked, with a grin on his face.

Joker's POV

I knew I saw this girl before... she looked like the girl who was in my bed, but I swear I think I know this girl, but I don't know how. Then a weird memory came back to me.

Flashback

We walked in the bank confidently with a duffle bag on both of our shoulders, and rose our guns to the ceiling. Many bullets pierced the ceiling as people screamed in terror. Our laughs started to fill the money castle. Bank workers and pedestrians tried to run, but we shot them so they can stay and enjoy the show.

"ALRIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS! WE CAME FOR ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY!" She walked over to a man cowering on the floor. "but if THIS MAN..." She said, pointing to the cowering man. "Can answer a VERY simple question... you'll all get to live, and we'll leave immediately." She crouched down and cocked her head to the side.

"Who is the best man in Gotham, Hmm...?" She smiled at the man, and waited for a answer.

"B-Batman..." He said, glaring into my eyes.

"Nice try but...WRONG!" She put her gun between his eyes and implanted a bullet in his skull. People screamed but they stopped when they heard my laughter. She walked over to me and put her elbow on my shoulder.

"Isn't she somethin'? My doll knows how to... steal the show." I laughed, then slapped her ass, while giving her a kiss. I broke the kiss and darted a angry look at a woman.

"What are you... LOOKIN' AT?!" I aimed my gun and shot the woman in the heart. I laughed loudly.

End Flashback

I snapped out the quick memory, as this woman kept repeating my name.

"J... Hello, earth to--"

"The bank. You... We were at this bank. We robbed it." I said, still thinking about the memory. She looked at me, then her face changed. She looked like she seen a ghost.

"You remembered... I-I'm Kira... Y/N" She came closer to me, and she grabbed my hand. Kira... I remember that name. She turned around, and we heard the sirens get closer. "I-I have to go..." She turn and ran to her motorcycle.

"Wait!" I shouted, but she looked at me then drove away with another van. I stood there, then quickly hid behind the building I came from earlier as the police came. My car was parked near the building because I came from a meeting. I quickly hopped in and began to drive away.

I kinda remember her, but then I don't. I need more memories... but I don't know how to trigger them.

A/N: Really long chapter, but J is finally getting some of his memory back. So that's a good sign, and there will be more coming so yeahh...

Until next time, see ya puddins! ;)