Chapter 32: True Self

Y/N's POV

I slept very well knowing he was by my side. I thought about everything as I laid in between the silk sheets with J... the stabbing of the bird, and what my mother told me. Yes, I somewhat agree with the 'might kill you' part, but this was the man that I wanted to be with. No one will stop me from doing what I think is best. J is the one I want to forever love... marry... and eventually have little clowns with. Imagine, little jokers running around our mansion... haha that would be cute. I continued to lay there, staring at the ceiling. Then I turned my head to glance at J, who slept soundly. His face was so relaxed, and his breaths were slow. He looked so innocent, and yet this man has committed countless crimes and ended many lives. No matter what he has done, I will always love him.

I turned my body towards J and snuggled next to his body. I placed my head on his bare chest, and listened to his heartbeat. My arm draped over his abdomen, and I closed my eyes. Then I began to think again... Who was J before the joker? I never knew, psychologists never knew, Gotham never knew... but only he knew. I heard the name Jack used a few times before when he would do business at the club, but then again, it could be all a joke. His name could be Jared for all I know. *(See what I did there? :)  No...? Ok...  XD)* I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt J move beside me. I lifted my head, and seen him looking me. His bright green hair was messy, and his face was emotionless. I gave him a warm smile, then kissed him on the lips.

"Good morning Mr.J." I said, as he finally cracked a smile.

"Good morning doll." J ran a hand through his hair. "How did you sleep my princess?" His voice was deep and groggy, making my spine tingle in excitement. Man, that was so sexy!

"I slept good..."

"What were you thinking about earlier?" He asked. How did he know I was thinking about something?  I sat up and looked at him shocked.

"How did you kn-"

"I know everything doll... now tell daddy what's on your mind." J reached his arm out, and pushed a piece of my dark blue hair behind my ear. I really didn't want to ask him this so soon, because I don't want him to flip on me all of a sudden... but he wants to know. So, I said the main thing that was on my mind.

"Well, I was thinking about... who you were. B-Before the joker." I said. J gave me a questioning look, then burst into laughter.

"Haha, doll. Why would ya want to know that? He's gone now."

"Gone for you... but deep down inside, I know he's lurking somewhere in your heart." J's laughs died down, and he gave me a serious look.

"Doll... don't say such things." He said, gritting his teeth. "But I'll let you in on my terrible past..." J let out a crazy smile, and I became slightly scared. He slipped out of bed, and went over to the drawer. "My father killed my mother as I stood and watched as a little kid." He leaned against the drawer. "I tried to stop him, but that didn't help... haha. I, little ole Jack Napier killed him. It was the prettiest pool of blood on the floor, and I never shed a tear about it. I left home, and did what I needed to survive. Kill. Steal. And before I really took on 'The Joker', I was Red Hood ya know... haha. THEN, I got much older and found myself a beautiful lady like yourself." He turned around and pointed at me.

"I settled down with her, married her... and she gave birth to a baby girl. Pretty, I might add. Now one sunny day... I found out my so called loving wife was cheating on me... so what did I do, you ask. I snapped and did the same thing my father did to my mother... slit her throat. My daughter watched as I did so, and I figured while I'm at it... why not kill the kid too. Haha... So do ya know what I did then? I hung her from the ceiling fan." There was a tear coming from his eyes, as he still had a crazy smile on his face. "I couldn't CONTROL MYSELF... I didn't want to do it... I swear I didn't. It was anger from through the years that had came out of me that one day I lost my family..."

I just sat there on the bed, comprehending his story. I never seen him cry so much, as he continued. "Jack Napier was sent to jail, then to a psychiatric ward because they knew I was a monster... Hell, I still am, haha." He opened the drawer, and pulled out a picture. J came towards me, and handed it to me. It was him with a suit on, and the picture was black and white. (picture shown above^) The caption at the bottom of the picture said 'Jack Napier: Beloved Father and Husband'. J leaned towards me and came close to my face.

"Oh, how that caption lied..." He said through gritted teeth. "So there ya go... haha. You wanted to know about payback Jack, NOW YOU KNOW." His lips trembled, as he stared deep into my eyes. Then suddenly, J stormed out of the room and slammed the door.

I sat there, and I couldn't feel anything but pity for J. A tear formed in my eyes. Everyone thinks he just is crazy for no reason, but they don't why he's like that. They all treat him bad and put him through shit, but he's already been through it all. He's misjudged, and that's unacceptable...

I took the picture that he handed me and placed a kiss on it.

"I understand you Jack... I always will." I said as more tears flowed down my face.

A/N: So much sadness... But it took me a long time to do this chapter. And sorry for not updating lately. Don't forget to vote plz.

Until next time, see ya puddins! ;)