Chapter 26: Regret

Joker's POV

After seeing her leave, I never felt so angry. I drove after her, but I gave up on my quest because I didn't feel like dealing with her. I went back home and emptied all my anger out onto one of my new goons. I got a drink, then I went to my bedroom. Frost followed me, because I wanted to say everything I needed to get out of my head, to him. I sat on the bed that still savored her scent, and ran my hand through my green hair.

"How dare she... HOW DARE SHE! After everything I do for her and she said I'm a 'liar'!" I yelled, while my loyal henchman, Frost, looked at me while he leaned on the door frame. "And now that she knows how to point a gun, she thinks she's the shit." I took a gulp of my vodka, and set it down onto the bedside table. I looked at Frost, who just looked at me blankly. "Ya know... she was making me weak anyways. Who needs her?" No matter what... I never want to be seen as weak.

"Boss, no matter what, you'll never be considered weak. You're more like... a force to be reckoned with." Frost said.

"Thanks Jonny boy... now leave me be." I leaned back on the bed, and placed my hands behind my head.

"Yes boss." Frost left, and I was left to my thoughts.  Honestly, I know that what I did was wrong. I should've never left her. I'll own up and say I'm sorry. I wasn't really thinking straight, and all I cared about was getting away, making sure I won't get sent back to Arkham. Selfish?... Well, that's the life of a criminal. I have to watch out for my own ass when I need to. But she's right I should have at least came back... ugh, I hate feeling like this. Feeling vulnerable... It doesn't suit me. But I feel something else... could it be regret? Yes, no, maybe... never. I don't know.

Y/N's POV
"Haha, I win." Pam said, as she smiled cheeky at Selina, Harley and I. We sat in a small circle, playing cards in the living room. I was surprised at how everything was going smooth between the girls and I... especially Harley. At first I thought she was a bitch, but now I know she's far from it. I think I'll consider her a friend, along with Selina and Pam. We laughed together, and Selina threw her cards down.

"Bull shit... The plants are helping you. All I needed was a ace." Selina said, then Harley threw her cards down.

"I agree with the cat, those plants are the cause of your win. But congrats... Kira, what are your cards?" Harley asked, as I glanced at my cards. I looked up at her, then threw them in the pile.

"Queen, ace of spades, and a joker." I smiled, then giggled. "Rigged." Pam and Selina laughed, but I noticed Harley looked a little sad. "What's wrong Harley?" She looked up at me, then left the living room. I glanced at Selina and Pam, then went after her.

I heard small cries coming from the bathroom, so I stood in front of the door, and knocked gently.

"Harley... It's Kira, are you ok?" I heard more soft sobs coming from the other side of the door. "Please open the door." I said, as I waited a few seconds. Then Harley finally opened the door. She stood before me with make up running down her face. I embraced her in a hug.

"What's wrong?" I asked, letting go of her.

"I was just t-thinking about Mistah J."

"I... Um-"

"The card re-"

"Reminded you of him." I said.

"I shouldn't be thinking of him because I have Deadshot now, but... he was my first for everything." I sighed, as she stopped her crying. "And I can't forget what he did... he left me for someone else." Oh god.

"Who?" I knew that it was me, but I can't afford to tell her so soon.

"Some girl... She must've been something because I never thought he'll ever do that. But as long as he's happy..." Harley looked down at the floor. "I have regrets, but let me tell you something. Do everything you can, when you can, to satisfy your lover." She looked back up at me, then left quickly. I was suddenly by myself, and I just processed what she said.

She must've did something that drove him away, or maybe he really lost feelings for her. But what she said was true. I should've never yelled at him but anger took me over. If anything, I'd love to resolve the problem... when he comes to me first. If he even does...

At the end of the day, everyone has a sense of regret.

A/N: Hey guys, I have to admit that was a shitty filler chapter, but the next one will be better, I promise. Soo...

Until next time, see ya puddins! ;)