Book 3 Chapter 1: The Reunion

Ryu's POV:
6 months...It took 6 months to reach Konoha. I hadn't realized the distance I had traveled with Matt and Charlie. "Dammit Ryu! Too soon!" He chided himself. It is only the thought of reuniting with Aiko that stopped him from going insane. The subject of losing Matt was too painful. "All that training for nothing, and now I lost the only family I had. Then there was Charlie, this is his fault. If he had listened then none of this would have happened." These thoughts fly through his mind everyday. He still thought of Charlie, he regretted leaving him behind, but he was too unstable, too unpredictable.
     He looked down and noticed a flash of pink in the woods. He said "Gin I'm going down, you know the drill." And with that he jumped off. He walked off into woods.  
     "Ryu?" A familiar voice asked. I turned around and saw Sakura standing in a clearing.
     "Hey, Sakura" I said hesitantly. She stopped right in her tracks.
     "Ryu?! You can talk?When...How?..." she exclaimed. She stopped abruptly walked up to Ryu and slapped him in the face, tears in her eyes. "Why did you leave us?! We were a TEAM! And you left us worrying! First you leaving, then Sasuke deserting us! Everything just fell apart." She sobbed.
     He guided her to a fallen tree and sat down. "I'm sorry. I didn't...I didn't mean to hurt you. I just couldn't stay any longer. He stammered.
     "I know you have your reasons, but at least you're here now. All we need is To rescue Sasuke from Orichimaru, and we can have the team back together." She said.
     "I wouldn't worry too much, he's dead. I killed him." He said.
     "What?! Why! OMG!! Why would you do that he was your teammate!" She yelled, the tears coming back.
     "No! Orichimaru, I killed Orichimaru! Sasuke left." He hastily clarified.
     "Oh...ok."she said, clearly relieved
     "Enough about Sasuke, How's Aiko? I've been dying to see her again." He said eagerly.
     Sakura looked mortified. She said slowly "Ryu, I'm sorry...I don't know how to tell you this, but...she's dead. She was executed for her crimes. I'm so sorry."
     The air around Ryu grew dangerously cold, a dark aura surrounded him. He glanced at Sakura and saw sheer horror on her face. "Stop it, this isn't her fault." He thought as he gradually calmed. The anger then turned to sadness, and the grief for Matt, for Charlie, Aiko, years of sorrow crashed down on him and he sobbed. There was nothing left. He said coldly "Who did it?"
      "What?" She asked.
     "The person who killed Aiko. Who did it? I'm going to pay them a personal visit." He said .
     Sakura hesitated and said "We don't know. Rumors have it that she killed her executioner, but the building completely exploded, we found nothing left of her but shreds of bloody clothing. Witnesses claim to have seen the Akatsuki before the building exploded."
       "Those bastards! First my sister, then Matt, and now Aiko. I'm gonna make sure they rot in Hell!" He yelled!
      "Who's Matt?" Sakura asked.
     Then it all came crashing down he could see Matt's young, stupidly happy face grinning, and he broke. He couldn't stop the tears, there was too much.
      Sakura grabbed him and pulled him into a hug, trying to comfort him. Ryu accepted the hug and started to calm down. Click! Ryu looked down in disbelief, his hand was handcuffed to the tree. He stared at Sakura and asked "What are you doing?! Sakura?!"
      She stood up tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry Ryu, I didn't want to believe it, but the reports are right. Your unstable and very dangerous, your wanted as a S-Rank criminal. Where is the forbidden scroll."
     Ryu froze "I don't know." He said. He hadn't thought about it. The only logical option was Charlie, but Ryu wouldn't betray him, no matter how mad he was at him. Charlie was family after all. "Sakura you were the last person I expected to betray me, but don't worry." He broke the handcuffs and stood "I'm not going to hurt you, not like you hurt me. Gin!!" He yelled.
     "Gin?" She asked, "you're stupid pigeon?"
     "Yeah, the pigeon" he said sarcastically he raised his arm.
     Sakura yelled "Stop it! Put your arms down! I don't won't to hurt you Ryu!"
      He replied "You already did." She punched at him as Gin swooped down and carried Ryu away. He looked down and saw the crumbled remains where he was standing. "Good thing you picked me up when you did Gin, that might have put me out of commission for a week."
     Gin snorted and replied "Whatever, you probably would have walked it off. You're pretty darn hard headed when you want to be." He chuckled.
      Ryu joined in with the laughing and glanced back one last time, seeing Sakura standing there yelling, her voice lost in the wind.