Chapter 3 : Kakashi's test

Ryu's POV

     Everyone gathered at the training ground and Kakashi gave his instructions on the exercise. Naruto charged Kakashi and the test began. Naruto got a kunai held to his head and Kakashi said "I didn't say start yet." He tested Naruto and easily won, same for Sakura. Come Sasuke's turn Kakashi had to put his book away and fought Sasuke. Sasuke used Fireball Jutsu and to Ryu, it wasn't very impressive. He could do better in his sleep. Sasuke touched a bell and Ryu decided he could do better so he waited for Sasuke to lose and he attacked Kakashi.
     Ryu used kunai hidden in tiny fire balls as a distraction and kicked Kakashi while hidden in smoke. He fought with Kakashi for a while. Kakashi threw Ryu down and punched him, when he was surprised by a random puff of smoke. It had been a shadow clone. Ryu reached from behind Kakashi and grabbed a bell. Before he could pull it off, Kakashi turned and cut Ryu's arm with a kunai. Ryu knew he was in a bad position so he retreated so he could gather his thoughts and formulate a plan. The test soon ended and they found Naruto tied to a tree stump.
     Kakashi said "This is what happens when you break the rules, you get punished. Now Naruto doesn't get lunch, but the rest of you do. Also while I'm here I must congratulate Ryu for he is the only one who could grab a bell. It looks like, despite the test scores, he might be better than Sasuke." Then Kakashi disappeared.
     Sasuke yells at Ryu "What's happening right now! I was top in class not you there's no way your better than me."
     Ryu raises a hand to silence Sasuke then bit his thumb.
     Naruto yells "What's wrong with you why would you bite yourself, you masochist?!"
     Ryu weaves hand signs and places his hand on the ground summoning a small bird. The bird turns his head to the group and says "Hello, I am Gin and I guess you could say that I'm Ryu's voice. I speak for him due to his disability and as to answer your question Sasuke, you know it was a fluke that Ryu came in second. It's not his fault he can't give an oral report."
     Sasuke mumbles to himself and Gin says "If you want to see who is better you could fight Ryu but I must warn you that you're not on his level."
     Before they could start fighting Kakashi reappears and says "5 minutes left, if I were you I would start eating."
     Everyone starts eating and Sasuke offers Naruto some food. Everyone offers Naruto their food and when he accepts Kakashi reappears screaming and tells us we passed and goes on into a speech about ninjas helping their comrades before ending for the day. Ryu thinks that things might start to become interesting.