Chapter 6 : Too Late

Ryu's POV
Ryu was an hour away from the Akatsuki's base. Only one more hour and revenge would finally be his. He traveled in silence (duh!) and when he was about 10 minutes away he made camp. He wrote to them I'm going alone. Do not follow me. This will be extremely dangerous. If I'm not back by next morning assume that I'm dead and go back to Konoha. There's an orphanage there for you. Just ask for Aiko, she'll help. Matt looked up at Ryu and sobbed. He said "Ryu why can't you just speak to us? If it's so dangerous then why would you leave without us ever hearing your voice? Why don't you just stay? I don't want you to go! You're the only family I have other than Charlie!" Ryu opened his mouth to speak but couldn't. There was no way he would talk again. He settled with patting Matt on the head and then standing up. He turned around and waved goodbye to his friends before departing. As he left he heard Matt crying and couldn't help crying himself. He really didn't want this to be the last time he saw them. 10 minutes later he found  the Akatsuki base. He entered the base ready for the fight of his life and instead he found emptiness. He was too late they had left. He realized the only way to locate them again would be through Orichimaru, assuming he even kept track of them. Ryu turned to leave and he tripped on a wire and all the traps engaged at once.