Chapter 16 : Ryu Vs. Chōji

Ryu's POV:
Ryu walked onto the arena and studied his opponent. Chōji expanded into a ball and rammed Ryu into a wall. Ryu retaliated by punching Chōji in the face launching him across the field. The  Proctor said "Chōji seems to be knocked out. Victory goes to..."
"Wait!" Screamed Chōji "I'm still in this." He said with tears brimming in his eyes. He said "Everyone always expects little of me. I'm a failure, the fatso, the loser. But not anymore, I will not lose!" He pulled out a canister and ate a green pill. He casually walked up to Ryu and punched him square in the face and yelled "How does it feel to lose to the biggest failure in Konoha!" He threw another punch, but Ryu caught it and punched him 3 times in the gut and threw a paper bomb on the ground to distance himself from his opponent. Chōji doubled over in pain and yelled "No! This can't happen! I will not lose!" He swallowed ayellow pill and extended out his arm to crush Ryu. Ryu tried to dodge, but got caught and almost broke his leg. Ryu threw a smoke bomb and then followed with kunai. One caught Chōji in the shoulder and he yelled "Is the best that number one of Konoha can do? Don't make me laugh!" He pulled it out and threw it back at Ryu. While Ryu was distracted Chōji ran up and punched Ryu in the chest cracking a rib. Ryu's eyes glowed red as he activated his Kekkei Genkai. He saw the next punch, caught Choji's arm and twisted it behind his back until Chōji collapsed from pain. Ryu walked away and Chōji said "I don't care if it kills me. I will defeat you. I can't allow myself to be defeated again! I refuse to be a loser!" He pulled out a red pill and swallowed it and said "Prepare to die! Say your prayers, oh yeah that's right you can't! Hahaha!" He ran at Ryu and focused his chakra into his fist and punched Ryu in the gut and felt blood flow as he punched a hole in Ryu's side. Ryu collapsed in pain and fell on Chōji's shoulder. Chōji looked over and snarled "I win!" Just then blood flowed out his mouth. He looked down horrified to find a flaming kunai stabbed into his gut. They both collapsed and the proctor began to count. "1..2..3..4..5..6...7...8...9...." Ryu and Chōji both stood up and after 10 seconds Chōji collapsed. The effects of the pills kicked in and he was out. Ryu enjoyed his victory for about 5 seconds until he collapsed he was rushed to the hospital, but on the bright side he had plenty of time to plan his next step in his master plan. These injuries are just a mere setback.