Chapter 8 : The Mission

Ryu's POV
Ryu ran through the forest with Matt and Charlie behind him. He had received an anonymous tip as to where he could find Orichimaru's lair.  He had heard that is in a rock formation located in Kusagakure. He made his way their and camped outside the rock formation. He sat down and started the fire. He looked down at Charlie and Matt and wrote 'No matter what happens do not follow me into this area. I mean it. I know you want to help, but you will just get yourselves killed. I am going to go look for an entrance and I will be back.' Ryu stood up and took off for the base.

Charlie's POV
"I can't believe it! Who does he think he is! He trained us to fight and now he won't let us do anything, but cower and run all the time. It's stupid!" said Charlie. Matt said "Well how about we just look around and see if we can find an opening." Charlie said "That's a good idea Matt! Ryu said not to follow him, he said nothing about looking!" They got up and scanned the immediate proximity of the area. Charlie said excitedly "Look there's an opening, let's go check it out!" They ran to the opening and looked inside. Charlie stepped forward, but Matt grabbed him and said "Ryu told us not to. We should find him and tell him about it." Charlie said "No he told us not to follow him, but we won't get in trouble if he doesn't know. Let's go!" And he walked in with Matt unsurely following him. While Charlie ran down the hall he tripped on something. He looked at his feet and saw s tripwire. He stood up and grabbed Matt and yelled "Run, Matt Run!" A bomb exploded behind them. They ran down the dark corridor when there was a click. Charlie looked back to see that Matt stepped on a land mine, and then he was thrown back from the explosion. He tried to stand up, but his leg was broken so he cried out "Matt!Where are you!" He turned around to find Matt lying there helpless. He crawled over to help, but there was a rock slide and they were separated.

Ryu's POV
Ryu was running down the side of the rock formation there was no entrance on the top. He heard an explosion and looked back at there camp. He couldn't see Matt or Charlie and thick smoke rolled out of the rock. He found the opening, but Matt and Charlie were in trouble. He ran as fast as he could nothing could stop him. He kept running all the way into the cave. He ran over rocks and cracks and even craters, but he would not slow down. He jumped clear over the craters and saw Matt laying there dying. Ryu ran up crying and grabbed Matt's head and cradled it in his arms. Matt cried out "Who's there it's dark? I wanna go home. Where's Ryu at?" Ryu stroked his hair and tried to say "Matt", but he couldn't. The words stuck in his throat. Matt cried out "Ryu! Where are you? Don't leave me here like this!" He coughed up blood and said "Ryu, if you are there. Don't blame Charlie, this was my idea. Please save him he's in trouble  and please keep trying I know you can speak just keep trying." He coughed up more blood and shuddered. Then he was still Matt was dead. Ryu looked up and screamed then everything turned black.