Prolouge

Ryu was a cheerful 8 year old, well as cheerful as someone in his situation could be. He grew up as an orphan with no family except his older sister, Kiyomi. She was a remarkable ninja, that has been a jonin since she was 12 years old. Along with his sister, Ryu also had his friends Aiko, and her brother Kai. They were also orphans, who happened to meet Ryu in the alleyways one day. The four of them lived together. The money Kiyomi and Kai made from missions was eventually able to pay for a small barren room in an old building. A few years had past since then, Ryu and Aiko were 10, and Kiyomi and Kai were 17. Ryu tried going to the Ninja Academy, but Kiyomi wouldn't allow it. She thought it was too dangerous.
     One day, Kiyomi went on a mission for the village where she was injured leading to her tragic death. Soon after this Kai also left, leaving Ryu with only Aiko. The emotional trauma this whole ordeal brought, has resulted in Ryu becoming reclusive and mute, while Aiko became more emotionally unstable. Ryu was the only one who could calm Aiko in one of her fits, and likewise Aiko was the only one that could bring Ryu out of his reclusiveness, though he still wouldn't speak. The doctors weren't able to figure out why Ryu became incapable of speaking, and as a result they weren't able to cure it. Fortunately the Hokage heard of this situation, and he managed to find a Summon, that could help Ryu speak. Of course this meant Ryu would have to learn to control chakra if he wished to communicate, so despite Kiyomi's wishes Ryu enrolled in the Ninja Academy.

(I just posted an update chapter about this, but I felt like posting it here too for accessibility reasons. First and foremost I want to mention that I also have a RWBY story I am writing. It is my favorite of the two stories I am writing, and I would like to ask everyone to consider checking it out. In my opinion it is the superior story in terms of quality.
     Also, I am considering rewriting the whole story with much improved plot and characters. After reading a few chapters please leave a comment stating if you think I should go through with this idea. I am open to suggestions and all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome. Please actually be constructive and not a complete asshole about it. All hateful comments will be deleted immediately. IF YOU WANT TO SEE A MORE IN DEPTH LIST OF THINGS I PLAN TO CHANGE PLEASE CHECK MY LATEST CHAPTER "Not an update but it sort of is". There are a few minor plot spoilers if you're not on chapter 4 yet, but seeing as how I plan to rewrite the story, it shouldn't matter.)

Side Note: Please don't swear in the comments section. I honestly don't care much, but for some reason all comments that have even slight swearing are being reported, and I don't know how to fix it/ allow these comments. One person literally just said "Oh shit..." and got their comment blocked for it. I don't mind the swearing as long as it isn't used in a hostile manner, but I guess the system disagrees. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, then please let me know. I've seen at least two perfectly fine comments removed for little to no reason, and it bothers me because I like to read and respond to as many comments as I can.

Edit: Seeing as how most of you took this as a challenge, let me make a suggestion. If you're going to swear without censoring to test it out, maybe you should make a second comment that won't be removed. I've seen a lot of comments that essentially say "well let's try..." or "is that so?" But with swears in them. I am unable to respond and inform you if it worked if your comment is automatically deleted. Of course I guess you could just check back later to see if it's still there, but I like to interact with my comments.