Rei's pregnant!

(Short chapter)

Two weeks after the war **

They won the war.

After defeating Kaguya, the war was over with. Defeating Kaguya was hard but Rei, Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto managed to do it.

Rei had to fight Kaguya with her sword, and using mythical energy, Sakura and herself were the distraction while Sasuke and Naruto tried to seal her away.

Kaguya enjoyed fighting with Rei, and torturing her with every hit she landed on her but Rei didn't give up. Rei almost died when she used her time freeze jutsu to freeze Kaguya hit against Obito. She had to save Obito for Kakashi sensei's sake. It instantly drained the little chakra she had left, and it wasn't for her sword and Sakura she wouldn't have made it.

***

Rei noticed her face was starting to look really chubby, and so was her waist. She was never skinny but the extra weight was starting to show.

She was walking with Hinata, eating on chocolate covered pickle. "Hinata I think I need to get on a diet, I'm gaining weight faster than Choji!" She exclaimed.

Hinata eyed the pickle in her hand then sarcastically said, "I wonder why..."

They finally made it to the Hokage's office, and stepped in. It seems the room was getting redecorated. Lady Tsunade was preparing to make her leave from the office, and to hand the job over to Kakashi.

"I'm glad you two are here. You two are being appointed Jonin status from being on the front lines in the war." Lady Tsunade said. She pushed two Konoha's headbands towards the two.

Rei stopped munching on her chocolate covered pickle as she stared the headbands. "It's about time!" She yelled out angrily. "I've been working my butt off for years since I turned Chunin to become a Jonin and it took a war for you all to see my greatness!"

Lady Tsunade glared at Rei's outburst, she was about to say something when Rei burst into tears. "Thank you so much Lady Tsunade. I don't deserve this, I'll be the best Jonin in the Leaf village."

Hinata and Lady Tsunade looked at each other then back at Rei. Lady Tsunade eyes narrowed in on the chocolate covered pickle, to Rei's body. The light bulb switched on in her head as she concluded the possibility with Rei's mood swings.

Lady Tsunade walked over to a crying Rei as she focused chakra to her hands. Rei didn't notice as Lady Tsunade hands hovered over Rei's stomach.

Lady Tsunade's eyes widened as she touched Rei's shoulder, getting Rei's attention.

"Rei. Honey. You're pregnant." She stated, without beating around the bush.

......Right when Shikamaru walked into her office.

"She's what?" His footsteps haltering.

Rei let the words of Tsunade's echo into her head before she fainted.

******

Rei woke up in Shikamaru's bed. She reached over for some water to soothe her dry throat.

"You faint so easily." Shikamaru said, scaring Rei. She didn't notice him in there.

"Well Aunt Tsunade shouldn't have been playing a joke on me. Pregnant, ha. That old lady." Rei said, as she laid back comfortably in Shikamaru's bed.

The bed dipped as Shikamaru sat next to Rei. "She wasn't kidding Rei. You are pregnant. You're pregnant with my baby." He stated.

Rei sat up straight again as she stared at Shikamaru. By the look in his eyes, he wasn't kidding.

She brought her hand to her stomach, touching it softly. As she thought back, all the signs were there. She really was pregnant.

"I fought in the war, pregnant." She stated. Shikamaru didn't look too happy at that thought but since the baby survived all of the madness, he couldn't say anything about it.

She looked at Shikamaru again, then jumping on him. "We're having a baby Shikamaru! Your father's legacy will live on through our son or daughter. Your mother is going to be so happy."

Shikamaru couldn't believe he was going to be a dad. His old man wanted him to be fruitful so his mom would never be alone, his wish was going to come true.

He wrapped his arms around Rei, hugging her to him softly. He rubbed her belly, as he smiled.

"Thank you for this happiness after the war." He said.

******

"I'm going to be an uncle!" Naruto yelled out.

Rei giggled at Naruto's reaction. He was eating ramen when he had spit it all out once Rei dropped the news.

****

Rei walked over to her father's grave, placing a stuffed toad on it and a flower.

"You're going to be a grandad, father. You're always going to be on my child's life. Everyday I will tell him/her stories about you, every week we'll come here to visit you. Even though I wish you were here, I know you're in peace where you're at. I wouldn't take you from that. I love you father, tell mom I said hey, and Mr. Shikaku too! I miss him as well." Rei said.

Every time she visit her father's grave, she left with his spirit inside her. Her father was going to forever live on within her.

***