2 weeks to the Finals !

Rei was getting use to running with 300 lb weights on her legs. She started with only 100, Gai would go up a hundred every time she got use to the weight. She couldn't move when she went up to 300, no matter what Lee suggested she did.

Today her and Lee were sparring. He was helping her polish up on her reflexes because she was a little slow at reacting. "You're getting better than TenTen." Lee said throwing a fast punch at Rei. Rei blocked it just as fast, and threw one back. Lee's fist collided with her's as they jumped back from each other.
"One day I'll be as good as you Senpai." She said, sitting on the ground. The sun was starting to set which meant training was over with. They train from 6am to 6pm every day. Lee sat down next to Rei.
"You do not know how good it makes me feel to be acknowledged by someone with incredible talent as yourself." Lee said "People usually look down on me because I can not use ninjutsu or genjutus."

Rei leaned back on her hands, and looked at Lee. He was looking at the ground. She threw a rock at him softly to get his attention.

"I suck at genjutsu, I work hard on my ninjutsu. I get up everyday and practice until I'm exhausted and even then sometimes I don't give up. I don't have talent, I have practice. Even some of the best ninjas out there weren't born from talent or lacked in something. What people view as our weakness is what actually makes us strong." She told him.
Lee sniffed as tears sprung to his eyes. Rei giggled, Lee was more emotional than Iruka Sensei.

"You are an angel Rei Ducibella! Your youthness has moved me." He said throwing himself at her, giving her a hug. Rei hugged him back and patted his back. "There, there Senpai. There, there."

After training Rei walked to the hills with a box of strawberry tarts. She spotted the pineapple haired shaped boy laying in the grass with his hands behind his head.
"Yo." He said, not turning his head.
Rei sat down next to him, sliding the box towards him.
"I bought your mom strawberry tarts since she loved them last time I brought them over to your place." She said as she laid back in the grass.

"You're giving her more reason to bother me about making sure you don't leave my eyesight." Sighed Shikamaru.
Rei laughed softly. "I love your mom, she's hilarious." His mom kept popping up every 5 minutes when him and Rei were playing shogi. She would throw hints towards the both of them about marriage which kept Rei's face red, and Shikamaru's face with annoyance.
"She's a pain but she likes you a lot too. How was your training today?" He asked
"I upgraded to 300 lbs on each of my legs, and Lee is helping me on my reflexes this week." She said happily with a smile on her face.

Shikamaru rubbed his temple and said, "I still don't understand how you even moved around with 100 lbs on your legs. Its giving me a headache just thinking about it but that's one of things I admire the most about you."

"What is?" She asked, her eyebrows raising up.
"Your devotion to yourself." He stated. He sat up, and looked at her. "You're devoted to everything you do, and once you made up your mind you stick to it."

Rei shrugged her shoulders, sitting up to. "It's just who I am. I wonder if I got that trait from my mom or dad."
"Meaning your parents were wonderful people if you look at the outcome of them." replied Shikamaru
Rei glanced at him, smiling. "You always know what to say, figures for a Genius."
"I'm your genius remember." He simply said. "It's getting late, I'll walk you home."

Rei nodded her head, standing up brushing her clothes off. She held her hand out to him. He pulled himself up but didn't let go of her hand as he started walking. Rei glanced down at their hands, and blushed.

"Have you seen Naruto around? I haven't seen him in 2 weeks. I know he's been home because I usually drop food off at his place for him to eat." She asked
Shikamaru shook his head. "No I haven't seen him either. Don't worry, you know how he is. He's dedicated to training and proving himself. He's also dedicated to winning to Neji for Hinata."
Rei sighed. Her apartment felt dull without Naruto around, she missed him.

Shikamaru eyed her. "I bet he misses you too. You'll see him soon."

"I know, I know. I forgot to ask, how was your training?" She asked him. "Let me guess first, it was a pain." She joked.
Shikamaru smiled, "You know it. I can't wait till the finals are over with."
"We're either going to be Chunin after this or not. But either way we'll be better ninjas than what we were before starting this and that'll be okay with me." She said.

Shikamaru nodded his head agreeing with her. They grew silent, but it was a comfortable silence.
They arrived at Rei's apartment. Rei unlocked her door and stepped in, turning back to Shikamaru.
"Thanks for walking me home Shikamaru, don't forget to give your mom those tarts." She said.
"Don't thank me for something like that, and I won't. Goodnight Rei. Be safe." He said as he turned to walk away.

Rei closed her door and locked it. She ran into her living room and jumped on the couch. "He held my hand!" She shouted happily. She couldn't wait to visit the Hyuga compound tomorrow to tell Hinata the good news.

She heard a knock on her door. She waited to see if it was Naruto. Then she heard the door unlock. She jumped up and ran towards the door.

"Narutoooooo!!" She yelled as she jumped on her favorite blonde.
"Boy have I missed you! Why haven't you visited me, training isn't that important to forget about your best friend ya know." She ranted as she hugged onto him.

"I can't bweathe." Naruto squeaked out. Rei looked up to see him turning purple. She let him go, scratching her head.
"Oops, sorry. Guess I got too excited." She said experiencing deja vu as she remembered saying that to Sasuke.

"I'm sorry for not visiting you, I've been so busy training with the pervy sage that when I got home I only had energy to eat, shower, and sleep. When I wake up the pervy sage will be sitting on my window waiting for me." Naruto explained as he sat down on Rei's couch. "I've really missed you, I'm always talking about you to the pervy sage ya know."

Rei sat down next to Naruto in excitement. "Tell me about your training! Who's pervy sage? Wait by the sound of that name, I don't think I want to know. Just tell me about training." She said in a hurry.

Naruto laughed, "you're going to regret saying that when you find out who." Rei watched as he grew serious. "I've been training to control the mine and the nine tails chakra. I met the nine tails, He's frightening but I wasn't scared." Naruto said throwing on his brave face.

Rei moved her face to Naruto's belly and poked it. "Hey nine tails you in there? I bet you're not as frightening as Naruto claims, he's a chicken. We should team up and beat up Naruto ourselves. Let me know if you want to do it, My name is Rei. I'd ask yours but I don't think you'll answer me."

Naruto pushed Rei's face away from his belly. He gave her a dumb look. "That's not how it works." He said

Rei shrugged her shoulders and sat back in her seat. "I tried. But guess who's my sensei?" She said.

"Gai?" Naruto said remembering when Kakashi told him.
She replied, "yup! The one and only, Gai Sensei, and I get to train with Lee Senpai. He's awesome, Naruto." She stated smugly.

"I can't wait to see what you've been learning, we should spar soon." Naruto said
"I was just thinking the same thing." Rei smirked.

Rei face turned into confusion as she watched Naruto sniffed the air.
"How come I don't smell anything cooking?" He stated a little dejected.

Rei laughed. "I didn't get home not to long ago." She said hopping up and walked to her kitchen.

"I saw Shikamaru walking from this direction. Anything to do with you?" Naruto teased.
Rei poured rice into the pot of water as she answered to him, "he walked me home because it was getting dark outside."
Naruto popped his head over the kitchen wall and started making kissing noses. Rei turned red and threw a spatula at his head. Naruto ducked as he ran back into the living room, laughing.

"Stupid Naruto!" She said loud enough for him to hear.

"I love you too Rei." He yelled back.
"Not as much as you love Hinataaaaaaaaa." She singed.

She made their food, and packed some up for Naruto to take home.

"So who's your sensei?" She asked Naruto as she laid back on the couch and putting a blanket around her.

"I'll tell you tomorrow, I don't need you to freak out right now because I'm too tired to handle it." Naruto said getting under the blanket.

"Fine, just don't forget to tell me." She said closing her eyes, already drifting off.