Old Man Say What?

It's been three weeks since Shikamaru and Rei started to date. They've never argued before, everything was going smoothly until today.

"Leaf spin hurricane!" Rei held her arms out in front of her blocking Lee's fast kicks. She knew her arms were going to be extremely sore tomorrow. Lee flipped backwards as Rei ran up to him. They were throwing blows after blows. Rei jumped back.
"You are doing extremely well today, Rei. Blowing off steam?" Lee asked still in defense mode.
Rei was definitely blowing off steam. Temari kept showing up the past week everywhere her and Shikamaru were. Shikamaru knew Temari didn't like Rei, Temari pointedly insults Rei in front of him and Shikamaru never says anything to her.

Temari likes to try and get a rise out of Rei when she sees her by always mentioning something about how Shikamaru needed someone strong like herself instead of Rei. Rei doesn't know if Shikamaru was pretending not to notice or if he doesn't care. She wasn't really upset with Shikamaru because she can fight her own battles. Temari was just getting annoying.

"I'm pretending you're Temari." Rei said truthfully.

"Temari is a strong kunoichi, why do you not like her?" Lee asked dropping from his stance.
Rei sighed as she dropped her guard too. "It's actually the other way around. She doesn't like me, and I have no idea why." She told Lee.

Lee put his hand under his chin as if he was thinking deeply about what she said.

"Maybe it is because you beat her in the race last week?" He said after awhile. Rei shook her head as she noticed a leaf sticking out Lee's hair. She went to pick it out. She realized she never got to touch Lee's hair before, she always wanted to touch his perfectly shaped bowled cut hair. She reached her hand on it as she pat his head. It was actually pretty soft.

"Um Rei I have to inform you that I am not your dog Saint." Lee said "patting is not required to touch my hair."
Rei laughed at his facial expression. "I'm sorry Lee Senpai. Do you want to come with me to pick out a cake ingredients? I'm going to bake a cake for my dad. He'll be back from whatever he does tomorrow." She asked Lee.

"I would but I have to meet up with Shino and Hinata. I promised them to dangos to celebrate our youthful mission success." Lee replied.

Rei nodded her head and said, "Tell them I said Hey and Tell Hinata, I can't wait till we're sisters in law."

She waved at Lee as she ran towards the shopping district, slowing down when she started getting towards the buildings.

Rei saw Shikamaru and yelled out his name. She watched as he glanced up at her, then turned his head at something that grabbed his attention. She saw Temari walk up to him and grabbed his hand. Rei heart dropped as she saw that he didn't attempt to pull his hand and let her pull him away.

What the heck just happen Rei thought as her eyebrows furrowed together. Rei wasn't going to let this slide. She was never the one for subtle and she knew neither was Shikamaru. Rei walked over to where they were. She didn't care that Temari was in the middle of talking to him as she pulled him away, dragging him around the corner.

"What was that?" She asked him, hurt leaking from her voice. Shikamaru didn't look at her as he started to turn back around away from her. He knew that if he looked at her in the eyes, He would forget why he was upset, disappointed with her in the first place.

"Shikamaru I'm talking to you." Rei said softly. "If I did something wrong, tell me but don't ignore me."

Temari decided to make her grand appearance, smiling as she came around the corner.
"Rei don't you think it's a little rude to interrupt a conversation like that. Someone as perfect as you should know that." Temari said smirking.