Aftermath

Rei opened her eyes, trying to remember where she was. She looked around the tent she was in, her eyes roamed over a sleeping Lee and Shikamaru then down to her hands. Her eyes quickly snapped back to Lee's body. She yelled and jumped up. "SHIKAMARU, LEE'S GHOST IS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!"

Shikamaru snored loud, in reply as he turned his head away from the noise. Rei shifted her eyes nervously to Lee and Shikamaru, as she tip toed towards Shikamaru. She poked him in the ear with her foot.

"Shikamaru, wake up." She aggressively whispered. Shikamaru swatted her toe away. She nudged him again in the ear.

"Umm, Rei, May I ask why are you poking Shikamaru in the ear with your toe?" asked a confused, sleepy Lee. He had woken up because of the noise, he was surprised to see his best friend in the situation she was in.

Rei froze as she turned to see The ghost of Lee. "I'm sorry Ghost of Lee, I wanted to protect you but I couldn't. It's all my fault that you're dead but I really don't want to be haunted." She pleaded, almost in tears.

Lee scratched his head in confusion as Shikamaru woke up and rubbed his eyes as he looked over at Rei.

"Why does she look like she's about to pass out?" He asked.

"I believe she thinks I am a ghost, and that I am here to haunt her." Answered Lee.

Shikamaru shook his head. Only Rei would think of something like that. He sighed and mumbled, "troublesome."

"Rei. Lee is not a ghost. He is indeed alive. Naruto went back to talk to the real pein and somehow Naruto got to him and the real pein sacrificed his life to bring back the ones he killed." Shikamaru explained.

Rei sunk to the ground as she let the information sink in. That meant everyone was alive. Kakashi sensei too. She felt for him and sure enough he was alive and well. Rei flew off the ground and jumped on Lee hugging him in tears.

"Lee, it was awful watching you die. I will be a better friend next time and protect you with all my heart. I'm happy you're back." She exclaimed. Lee hugged her back and let her go.

Lee patted her head, and said, "My youth wasn't ready to end, I still have more of it to share! You did all you could do, and I will never fault you for it Rei. Thank you for being my best friend."

Shikamaru sweat dropped as he watched Rei and Lee give each other the Gai pose with tears running down their face. She was slowly turning into them but he was happy to see her feeling better after everything they went through.

"Come on Rei. I have to take you to see Naruto, and Kakashi sensei." Shikamaru said after a few seconds of their weird interactions.

Rei grabbed Shikamaru's hand, and waved bye to Lee. "See ya Lee Senpai, we'll meet up later on."
Lee nodded his head in agreement.

Rei stepped out the tent with Shikamaru. She swallowed hard as she took in their surroundings. The Leaf Village was unrecognizable, It was like a huge dent in the earth. She couldn't think negative now. She could only think positive. They'll just have to build a better Leaf Village, one that'll show that the Leaf village can never be taken down no matter what's thrown their way.

"I love our village, ya know." She absentmindedly said then a smile grew on her face. "I really love our village."

She felt her hand being squeezed softly. She glanced to Shikamaru, who was smiling at her.
He said, "I really love our village too."

She grinned at him, but turned her head as she heard her name being called.

"Rei!! I'm glad you're finally up!!" Naruto yelled as he waved his hand, motioning for them to come over, as if it wasn't what they were already doing.

Rei let go of Shikamaru's hand and ran over past Naruto to their sensei, who was hiding behind the tree. She threw her arms around him, and pulled him into a hug. "Kakashi sensei!" She shouted.

Kakashi sensei sighed as he awkwardly patted the younger girl's head. He was still not use to her overly affection. "It's good to see you're back to normal Rei, and that you're okay." he said.

Rei let go of her sensei, and beamed at him. "As normal as I'll ever be after seeing a man who was dead not too long ago."

"Hey Rei, you know what they're calling us now?" popped up Naruto in Rei's face.

"What are they calling us?" She asked, a little curious.

"They're calling you two, and Lee, Heroes." Shikamaru answered.

Naruto rolled his eyes. "I wanted to be the one to say it, thanks a lot Shikamaru."

Shikamaru shrugged his shoulders. Kakashi stood up straight with his hands in his pockets. "Alright since you're both here, I know it's sudden after everything that has been going on but we're sending you, and Naruto on a mission to the Sand Village. You'll know exactly what you need to do once you get there." Explained Kakashi.

Naruto, and Rei shared a confused look. "When do we leave for the mission?" Rei asked.

"Tomorrow morning." He answered.

Naruto groaned as he shook his head. "I planned on eating Ramen all morning. Geez, what a bummer."

"Rei and Naruto."

They both turned to look at their sensei, hearing the importance in his voice.

"I'm proud of you two. You two have improved so much, especially you Naruto. You're no longer a nuisance. Rei, you're making your dad proud. I'm glad to have you two as my students." He said, giving them a close eyed smile. He waved his hand, as he poofed away.

Naruto, and Rei both looked at the spot Kakashi sensei was just standing at. They were both thinking the same thing. They were happy to have Kakashi sensei as their sensei, and was happy to have made him proud.

"Naruto, you really have grown. You're less annoying than you were when you were younger." Shikamaru said, ruining the sentimental moment.

"That's not very nice Shikamaru!" Rei said, turning towards him.

"Oh shut it Shikamaru or I'll tell Rei what you were doing while she was asleep." Teased Naruto.

Shikamaru turned away from them an embarrassment. "If you do, I'll tell Hinata about you know what." He countered and started walking away from them.

"I'll pummel you Shikamaru!!" Naruto said, as he followed after Shikamaru.

Rei hurried after the both of them in confusion. "Wait, I wanna know what the both of you are talking about! Don't leave me!" She yelled after them as Naruto and Shikamaru started walking faster.

After everything that happened, it seemed the villagers weren't letting their spirits down. They were more so grateful that they had their love ones back. Rei was happy that all of her friends and family were okay, and that They didn't have to worry about Pein anymore. She was happy that her father was now able to Rest In Peace.

~~~~~~

This chapter was crappy, I couldn't think of anything to write for the longest but the next chapter will definitely be better.
Anyone have any ideas on what I should add to the story?
~~~~~~