Rei isn't a weakling !

"Yo."
Rei turned her head from watching the match to see Kakashi standing behind her and her team.
"Yo Kakashi!" She said, pounding his fist.
"Are you proud of us for making it this far?" She grinned.
Kakashi nodded his head and looked at Sasuke and Sakura. "Good job for keeping the knuckleheads out of trouble." He said

"Kakashi sensei not you too!" groaned Naruto.

"Hey kakashi sensei if I win my match, can I borrow that book you were reading?" Asked Rei giving him the puppy eyes.

Kakashi sweat dropped. Jiraiya was not going to kill him for exposing his daughter to his books. "Nope. Maybe next time." Kakashi said giving her a close eyed smile.

Rei turned her head back towards the match, which was now over. Shino had won. "Whoop!! Congrats Shino! That's what I'm talking about my buggy old friend!!" Rei shouted as she leaned over the rail, almost falling over.

Shino shook his head at the girl as Sasuke pulled her back up.

"Hee, thanks Sasuke. Guess I got too excited there." She said rubbing the back of her head.
Kakashi looked at the projector. "Well don't get too excited, it's your turn."

Rei looked at the projector seeing her name. Rei vs Masiki. Who the heck was Masiki, she thought.

"Welp, this won't take long. I'll see you guys in less than 5 minutes. You guys better cheer me on!" She demanded as she hopped over the rail to the ground.
"Kick some butt Rei!" shouted Naruto.

"Well if it isn't the leaf weakling." Smirked the rain ninja known as Masiki.

"I'm going to wipe that smirk off your face." Rei said getting in her fighting stance. Masiki yawned, "don't bore me child." She said as she turned invisible.

Rei wasn't going to let her get close to her. She concentrated as she focused her chakra around her body, pushing it out.

"What is she doing?" Asked Naruto.
"It looks like she's using her chakra as a shield for her body." Sasuke said
Sakura face turned confused. "But Masiki can steal chakra, why would she do that." She said.

Kakashi watched the scene closely. What is she up to?

Rei felt a slight wind, she jumped to the side, spending around throwing her fist out, missing Masiki by a cm.

Rei hurried and weaved a hand sign before it was too late. It was her first time trying out this jutsu, she hoped to all the former hokages it didn't go wrong.

"Fire style flame body jutsu!"

The onlookers of the battle gasped as they watched Rei became engulf with flames around her body.

"So that's what the chakra was for. She used the chakra as a shield so when she used this jutsu, the flames wouldn't touch her." Shikamaru said.

Sasuke nodded his head. "Huh. Guess the dobe has a right to brag sometimes." He said.
"Atta girl Rei! That's my best friend!!" Shouted Naruto happily.

Rei looked at her hands to see the flames around her body but not exactly touching it. Holy crap it worked, she thought.

"Whew! I'm like a super hero now, flame on!!" She shouted happily.
Everyone in the arena sweat dropped.
"She's still a huge baka." Sighed Sasuke.

Masiki appeared in front of her. "Smart thinking weakling but you still want beat me." She said as she ran towards Rei weaving a hand sign. "Water style water jet jutsu"

Rei jumped up, "wind style wind force jutsu" she said as she pushed back the water.

She then disappeared, appearing behind Masiki, "I won't lose here." Body tornado jutsu, fire style flamethrower jutsu!"

Rei focused her chakra as she started spinning till her body was a blur and the flames mixed with chakra were shooting from her body out towards Masiki. Rei's body circled around Masiki trapping her into the flames.

Masiki tried to use a water jutsu but the heat was to unbearable, Masiki fell to ground, sweating and becoming light headed.

Rei stopped spinning, letting go of the jutsu. She felt the chakra protecting her body leaving her. That jutsu used more chakra than she expected, she had to end this now.

She wasn't going to let Masiki get back up, and it was about to pass 5 minutes. She told everyone she only needed 5 minutes.
Rei weaved a hand sign, "wood style wood trap jutsu!" She placed her hand on the ground making wood come up from the ground and tie up Masiki. "You might as well give up, I'm going easy on you." She told the rain ninja. Masiki looked up at Rei.

"I thought you were a weakling but I see you're stronger than how you look." She said with respect for the young girl. "I give up." She said telling the announcer.

Rei released the jutsu and walked up to the girl and held out her hand. "Teach me how to turn invisible." She said. Masiki took her hand, pulling herself up and smiled at Rei. "Sure".

"Wooooooo!!! Rei that was amazing, you gotta teach me that jutsu!!" Naruto shouted at Rei.

Hinata waved her hand at Rei and yelled, "Congratulations Rei!"
Everyone looked at the usually shy girl and surprised.
"Wow Hinata did you just yell?" Asked Rei as she used the last of her chakra to jump back over the rail. Hinata blushed and rubbed her fingers together.

Rei sunk to the ground as she smirked, "I guess Naruto is rubbing off on you."

Naruto laughed as Hinata turned really red. Kakashi looked over at Rei. "You did great Rei. You get stronger every day so it seems."

Sasuke turned towards Rei, "We have to fight again one day no holding back." He said.

She nodded to tired to say anything. She felt someone walk over to her. They squatted to her level. "You always talked about your amazing skills, now I got to see them up close. I can agree with you now. You are amazing, troublesome woman." He said.

Rei could feel her face heat up. "Thanks Shikamaru, now shhh. Let me just take a quick nap." She said swatting him away and close her eyes. She heard him chuckle, and get up.
"You're still a pain though." He said walking away. Rei fell asleep with a smile in her on her face. She wasn't a weakling and she proved it.

Naruto put his jacket around Rei's body as she slept. He was proud of her, she did an amazing job and ended the match in 5 minutes just as she said.

He sweat dropped and whined, "she's going to miss out on our matches"

Kakashi looked back at Rei. "She used a lot of chakra up by using two jutsus at one time, She needs the rest." He explained.

Hmmmm, so she even inherit the first hokage's wood style, this girl is full of surprises. Now her and Tenzou will be the only ones who can use wood style.

Kakashi realized the other reason why the third hokage put Rei and Naruto on the same team. Rei could contain the 9 tails if needed be. Once she required the skills to do so.