Chapter Forty-nine

Getting closer to the end. I'm so glad that I have great supporters like you. You got my book up to #850 and that is just mind blowing so thank you. Hope you enjoy the chapter. Above is some epic battle music.

*Edited*

Archer's pov.

4 more months. So little time until I get to unleash my attack. Soon everything will be in line and perfect. Just then there is a knock on my door. "Come in." "Sir, she demands to talk to you." "Fine. Let her in." "Finally, it's about time we talk."

"I want to know why you are waiting so long to attack and giving them an opportunity to prepare. If you want to be able to win you need to strike when they least expect it."

"I believe in fair fights. I'm not going to cheaply attack them at night or attack them when they aren't prepared because then we are no better than the packs that have attacked each other.

If we want harmony, we need to work together and make things fair. No more rogues will have to be rejected by a pack, no more runts will be abused, no more mates will reject each other because of some lady that wants attention.

We will all be equal, there will no longer be mistreated omegas, or overpowered alphas. Decisions will be made by a group of people and no longer be up to one person.

No one will have to worry about who they are born too or where they came from. Everyone will accept and everyone will follow the same way."

"Then why do you want that pack dead so much if you'll accept everyone?" "Most of them wouldn't be able to understand, I can't have people trying to break us apart." "I mean they follow Ruby so if Ruby follows you then they will follow you.

You would be killing a lot of women, children, and ones who couldn't protect themselves if you didn't allow the one who will follow live. Plus, you just decided to kill them when things should be decided as a group.

Shouldn't we get a group together to see if we should kill them all?" "Your right, I'll get small group together." I call a few people I trust most and tell them to meet me in my office. Once everyone has showed up I started talking.

"I brought you all here to talk about the attack. I want to know what you think we should do they think ones we catch. Do you think we should kill them all or accept the ones that will follow?" They all stand there and look at each other before I take a vote. "For those who say kill them all?" Two hands rose.

"For those who say accept?" Three hands rose." "Why didn't you two vote?" The one on the left answers first. "Because I need more time to weigh the pros and cons of this action." "The same with me." "Well you have one hour then I need your vote." "Understood."

They turn and sit on the couch talking with each other. One would say a pro and the other would say a con. After their hour was up they walked back over. "Your votes?"

"We say accept." "Then it is settled. Once we capture the ones that can't fight we'll accept them in here." With that I send them away so I can get some work done.

Ruby's pov.

Only 4 months left until Archer shows up. Every day I worry that they will come early. I haven't had a nightmare in a while which is good new but the stress is what keeps me up now.

Like if they attack at night or something worse. I'm constantly busy with training and border walks and trying to spend time with my mate. I checked on Roman and Haven the other day and turns out they both marked each other so that's nice.

Grace is still shy sometimes but always manages to get everyone to smile. Lilac has been working hard and helping out with anything and everything. Elijah has been patient with me and understands that I'm busy.

The two boys, Cade and Layne, have been amazing during their training sessions. They really work well together. They pick up on things fast which is really good since we only can train together for two hours a day in the mornings.

Once this fight is over I need to think about splitting the pack up. The pack is growing and we can't support very many more. Although once this fight is over I'm assuming our numbers will drop so we may not need too. I just wish it didn't have to end like this.

*time skip one month* (3 months remaining)

Elijah's pov.

I wish we could hang out more. She is always busy and I know it's probably selfless wanting her all too myself but she is my mate. I know she tries and does her best to make time for us but it seems like she always has something else to do.

I try to keep myself busy but I'm better at getting information and being sneaky than fighting or training. I walked the border more time than I can count and checked on more people than I can name. Maybe I could go on a spy mission.

I could gather information and get back before anyone notices that I'm gone. No it's too risky. If I get caught she would come, try to save me and then that would ruin everything. Maybe I could go visit Christine and just gather information there on things.

I write a note and lay it on the table beside the bed and take off. When I get there I'm greeted and taken to Christine. "Did you need something? You could have just called."

"I just need something to do and figured I could come of here and read some history books to see if I could find information about anything." "Well you can look in the library, just put what you get out back where you got it." "Okay."

She shows me to the library and I start looking at different books. I spent hours reading and finished putting a book up when I see the time and realized I needed to head back. "Thank you for letting me read. I got to head back now before she worries."

"No problem, say hi to Ruby for me." "I will. Bye." "Bye." I run back to the pack house and back upstairs. I see Ruby already laying down and asleep. I carefully lay down and go to sleep beside her.

When I wake up I see she has already woken up and went down stairs. I wish that for one morning we could wake up beside each other and that night go to sleep beside each other.

Every morning she is gone before me and every night is in bed after me. I'm probably just letting it get to me too much. I just need to calm my nerves and not stress out so much.

Two more chapters. I can't believe it almost done. Thank you for being on this journey with me. I hope you continue to enjoy the book. Catch you in the next chapter.