Chapter fourteen

Above will be a picture of step mom of Ruby.

*Edited* This chapter is dedicated to my editor RunningTally

Ruby's pov.

Rogues! Everywhere I turn I smell blood and see rogues. When my sister gets pinned I lose control to my wolf completely and attack everything in my path. What was a surprise snatch and grab turned into a massacre and now I’m right in the middle of it.

Beautiful blood-soaked bodies hit the ground; I hear the satisfactory cracks and pops of bones that I'm breaking. It all the sudden becomes dark and gloomy and shadows dance everywhere. I look at my sister and she seems fine, find my boyfriend and he is fine, but then I see her> My mother. The root of all my problems. Somehow my wolf is able to talk even though I’m shifted.

"You!" I snarl and growl. "Because of you the rogues after us! If you would have told us the truth instead of being a coward, none of this would have ever happened! My sister was pinned down by those filthy rogues and they almost got her; they could have gotten me!"

I pace back and forth, staring at her.

"Please, I thought I was doing the right thing!" she says.

"You thought! You thought! Both our packs are in danger, me and my sister are being hunted like prey, and we were raised by fake parents because you just thought!" I am beyond angry right now and nothing would be able to calm me down right now. Even if my boyfriend tried, it wouldn't do much to stop me.

"If you don't calm down you might unleash some of your power and do something you regret," my mother suddenly says.

I snap my head back to her. "Excuse you? You don't know me, you don't know anything about me! Are you saying I would hurt my boyfriend or my sister?!" I am yelling full force now, and a flash and huge crack of lightning booms across the sky accompany my anger.

The lightning flashes in my eyes and reveal them to be full on red, which means my wolf is in control, and she laughs very loudly. I can feel myself losing control. Everyone is completely still and doesn’t say a word.

"Hello, mother," Sophia says, studying every muscle movement that was made by my mother, watching and stalking her like prey.

??? pov.

"Your plan is working sir; they won't trust her after this."

"Good, make sure she stays mad at her mom until she attacks her."

"Yes, sir."

I smile to myself. Soon, Ruby, you will be mine and you won't have to worry about anything anymore. I will kill your sister so that you don't feel like you have to work for my attention. I'll kill Seth or turn him against you so that I may hold you tight and calm you and your beast. There is so much your mom hasn't told you; once you find it all out you might want to kill your mom yourself.

As for your sister, she got more attention than you. She was raised by an alpha, got to kill, and she threw that away for a mate. Your "boyfriend" Seth doesn't love you but I do and I will win your heart over. No one will ever hurt you again. Maybe when you're ready you can accept me as your mate, but until then I will wait and nudge things a little here and there to make sure you don't stumble on your path, for everything has been laid out for you brick by brick.