Chapter twenty-three

Elijah's wolf is above.

*Edited*

Ruby's pov.

After everything calmed down Seth called a pack meeting and told them I would be training them. I was standing and about to walk up there to show them who I was when someone shouted "Do we really need to be trained, and to be trained by a female? Isn't there a male more qualified to train us?" I could tell Seth didn't like the comment and neither did Sophia. She was able to find him with her extra hearing. I walk over to him and pull him to the training yard.

"If you can pin me down for five seconds than I won't train anyone, if I pin you down for five seconds not only will I train the wolves here you will apologize to me in front of everyone. Do you take the offer or submit?" He looked around for help but then looked at me and said "I accept the offer and agree to the terms." This means if he didn't that he would be marked as a liar and werewolves don't take that lightly. Everyone gather in a huge circle around us, enough room to fight but also enough room that if he tried to escape that he would be caught.

We started circling each other, Sophia was looking for weak spots and looking at where he was going to attack. He attacked first which meant he didn't know much about fighting, he aimed for my throat which means he does know the basics, but he left to many spots open for me to get to. I would nip at spots that were open not wanting the fight to end too soon. When I figured he was getting tired I pinned him and they counted to five.

Elijah pov.

I was at the meeting and standing by Ruby when during the meeting a guy started shouting. I heard something about how she shouldn't train them. I watch as she pulled him to the training yard and they made an agreement. I could tell she was going easy on him and then finally she pinned him and he walked off with his head down. "Anyone else feel the need or want to say that they think I can't train them?" I look around but hear nothing.

"Good. I want to see you all here bright and early 6:00 a.m." I hear mumbles but everyone goes to eat and to get ready for tomorrow. I ask Ruby if she wants to come and eat with me and she says yes. I fix us a meal and we sit and start to eat. "So what kind of training are we going to be doing?" "We are going to run laps around the border to get their speed up, then hand to hand combat to strengthen their human forms, wolf to wolf combat to help control how far their wolf will go, then finally defense and weapons training to help against rogues and hunters." "Wow you really have thought this through."

She nods as she takes another bite. When we are finished I take the plates and stuff to the kitchen and clean them. I walk her to her room and tell her I'll see her bright and early tomorrow. I walk to my room and there is a lady looking through my stuff. "What are you doing?" "Looking for you." I don't know why but I believed her and felt like I wanted to get closer to her. "Most men can't resist me for long, I wonder how long it will take to break you." "I don't want you in any way, I have a mate and nothing you say will make me be disloyal."

"We'll see." She starts to walk towards me and takes her jacket off. My wolf growls at her to leave us alone but she doesn't seem like it bothers her. She took her finger and put it on my lips and said, "Sshh, you will give in, they all do." I couldn't take her touching me, only my mate should touch me. I grabbed her by the neck and threw her against the wall. I tied her hands up and put duck tape on her mouth, I then heard my door being opened and...

Ruby's pov.

I had a weird feeling, I heard him open his door and walk in. I tip toed to see what was going on when I heard, "What are you doing?" I waited to see what was going on, "Looking for you." Her voice sounded weird and the way she said it made me want to rip her apart for talking to him like that. "Most men can't resist me for long, I wonder how long it will take to break you." What is wrong with her? Break him? What is she talking about?

Then Elijah said something I will always remember. "I don't want you in any way, I have a mate and nothing you say will make me be disloyal." I have to at least give him a chance now. "We'll see." She takes her jacket off revealing a little too much skin and start walking towards him, I hear him growl at her and I want to walk in there and help him but I have to see what he will do. She puts her finger on his lips and I can tell he is trying not to kill her. He then threw her against the wall and tied her up, I decide to walk in there so he doesn't kill her and get in trouble.

I open the door and run over to him and give him a hug. "Thank you!" I can tell he was surprised but he gave me a big hug in return. "You need to find your own mate! How dare you try and take what isn't yours!" She starts to try and laugh it's hard with the duct tape on her mouth but she laughs. Then the ropes and tape disappear and she stands up, "You have no idea what I've been through trying to find people like you. I bless you two in the name of the moon goddess."

With that she disappears and I look at him and tell him he is sleeping in my room tonight. He smiles and says ok. I just can't get what happened out of my mind. I need to tell my sister what happened and ask what this means.

Sorry for the slow updates, I've been busy. I hope you all are still enjoying the book.