Chapter Thirty-two

Another time jump again. Above is what Dan looks like.

*Edited*

Ruby's pov.

The next two weeks flew by and all of the wolves had been trained. Their alpha called and we wished them luck on their battles at home. I watched as they each shook my hand and met at the edge of the tree line. Roman thanked me and went to lead his wolves back home. They formed a line and ran back home, I made sure they crossed our border safely and wished them luck again. I went back to the pack house and back to Elijah. I get back and notice Seth yelling at Elijah. "You are going to leave this pack or I'm going to kill you!" "I will not leave my mate here with you!" "What's going on here?" Seth looks a little crazy and Elijah looks angry. "Simple. I'm the alpha and I say who stays and who goes. I say that Elijah need to go."

"You can't make my mate leave!" "Yes I can. You two aren't officially mates. You don't have a mark, either of you, and you haven't finished the mating process, so he is just an outsider on my territory and he needs to leave." "If you try and make him leave I will fight you." "You'll get over it." He just shrugs and looks back at Elijah. "I, Ruby Black, challenge you Seth Pate for your alpha position." "I accept your challenge." We stood a few feet from each other, both of us looking for weaknesses. Everyone was watching and waiting. He made the first move hoping to surprise me but what I didn't get is he was fighting like how the trained wolves were.

He did the same attack and defense and stuff like I taught them. This means he been watching the training which is good for me because this only makes things easier. He used his strength and brutal force, while I used speed and agility against him. If you are like me and can use all forms of fighting, then you know how to beat almost any opponent. He got a couple good bites and scratches in, I also got my own bites and scratches in on him. After about two hours of fighting he was getting tired and sloppy with his attacks and even more so with his defense. I see an opening on his neck and took it. I had him held down but he was still struggling, he had this crazed look in his eyes and said, "He is coming for you! He will kill this pathetic use of a pack, and you can't stop him."

He tried to get out of my grip and snapped his own neck. I drop his body and stand up. "Our new alpha Ruby Black." I walk over and hug Elijah. "Alright everyone. I am your new alpha and I know some of you may not be happy because I'm a woman but I will be the best alpha I can." I heard a random pack member say, "Let's hear it for our new alpha Ruby!" They all started cheering and clapping. "Thank you! All of you. Now if you all don't mind I need to rest and check in with the pack doctor. Thank you for all of your support." I watched as they all left to go home and Elijah walked with me to the pack doctor. I couldn't get what he said out of my head. First the dream, then his death, now a have a weird feeling of being watched.

The doctor checked me over and said that I would be fine and that I just need to rest a bit so I could heal faster. I was busy the next few days with papers and notifying the other alphas about Seth's death and me being alpha now. Elijah was with the pack and helping as much as he could. I called my sister and told her about Seth and about how he wanted to get make Elijah leave, about what he said, and about all the work that was pilling up. Elijah could tell the work was getting to me so he took me out to his secret spot and helped me relax and stay calm. "Hey Elijah?" "Yes Ruby?" "Would you want to go on a date with me?" "Absolutely!" "Really?" "Yes!" "Then be ready tomorrow at 5:00 p.m." "I will be." "Good, now let's go home." We got home, we went and ate, then walked up to our room and went to bed. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

??? Pov

Well now Seth is out of the picture and delivered the message. Now she knows that someone wants to get her and kill her pack. Being a leader suits her, not alpha though. No one deserves to be an alpha! We should all be equal. I know she does want to be an alpha, but I understand that without a leader the pack will crumble and collapse in on itself. I wonder why Ruby is still even in the pack after Violet.
I thought that if she killed her they would hate her enough to run her into my arms.

"Dan!" "Yes sir?" "Find out why Ruby wasn't throw out for Violet." "Yes sir." Dan is loyal and trustworthy, I'm glad I have him. I just hope he understands that once I have Ruby beside me he will no longer be needed. Maybe I will keep Dan though just in case I might need him again. You never know who could rise up so having Dan as a bodyguard wouldn't be a bad promotion. I'm sure he'll understand when the time comes.