Chapter eighteen

Above is a picture of the moon goddess.

*Edited* This chapter is dedicated to my editor RunningTally

Elijah’s pov.

I'm woken up by a big bucket of cold water being dumped on my head. I jump up and look around to see who did it but immediately notice that Ruby is gone.

"Hey, Ruby was taken, get up and come on!" Christine says.

I jump up and take off running, trying to follow her scent.

The others follow me until I stop at the border.

"They took her off the territory!" I say.

Don't worry, Ruby, I will save you no matter how long it takes, just hang in there. "I will find her,” I say. “Seth you can stay here with your pack and Christine, you and your mate can come if you want."

I go back to their pack house, get my stuff, and hop in my car. Then I head out.

[Warning: Graphic content and violent scenes ahead.]

Ruby's pov.

I wake up tied to a wall. It’s cold and dark. I try to mind-link anyone but it's not working. I think they gave me something to stop the mind link. All of the sudden I hear footsteps. I pretend I'm asleep by slowing my breathing and gently closing my eyes. The person comes in and turns a light on. "Hey there, Ruby."

No, no, no, no, no this can't be happening! It's Ethan. "Come on, wake up, my pretty." I refuse, I pretend to be asleep, maybe he'll go away. "If you don't wake up, I'll have to punish you and you don't want that." I'm afraid of what he will do since his wolf isn't here to help me, so I open my eyes slowly and see his face. "Well hello there, Ruby."

I just stare at him. "We are going to have lots of fun," he says. I watch as he walks out of the door and a few minutes later comes back with all sorts of torturing items.

The first thing he does is put on gloves. Then he picks up a small silver scalpel and walks closer to me. He uses it to cut lines on my arms, watching my blood slowly drip off my arm and hit the floor. I am determined to not cry, but he makes a cut on my cheek and I can't stop the whimper that comes out.

"Now, now, don't cry." He puts the scalpel back and walks out of the room. A few moments later he comes back with two other male wolves. They unchain me but because I am weak from the loss of blood and the silver, so they are able to restrain me on the table in the middle of the room. Ethan nods at the two male wolves once they are done and then they leave.

He walks over to the table and grabs the whip. Then he comes back over to the table. I close my eyes and then feel pain all over my back. I feel blood ooze out. I cry out and squeeze my eyes shut as much as I could. "I'm doing this to help you learn." I feel the whip hit me again and I cry some more.

I wish more than anything that someone would save me. He hits me again and again - each time it is still as painful as the first time. After twelve times he takes his items and leaves. He sends in a doctor to make sure the wounds didn't get infected. The doctor is in and out very quickly.

I lie there crying and soon I let sleep take over me, wishing that I will be saved soon. I’m asleep for what seems like minutes before Ethan comes back with different items. He has his two male friends chain me back to the wall; they then leave and he goes to pick out a new item to torture me with.

"Oh and I thought you would like to know that I will be launching an attack on your pack and they will be wiped out."

I can't contain my words and shout out, "You can't wipe them out, you will die trying, and my friends will save me!"

He looks at me like I’m crazy, "You mean Seth who is at your pack mating with his new mate, your new mystery friend who is driving away, or your sister and her mate who are back at her pack doing nothing?"

"No! They wouldn't forget about me; they are going to save me!"

He laughs at me, "We'll see about that." He grabs wolf’s bane and starts to slowly pour it onto me. I let out a scream, my skin turns red and I let tears stream down my face while my body shakes. Once he is out of wolf’s bane he leaves the room and brings down three buckets of ice cold water. He grabs the first bucket and walks towards me. He raises it above my head and slowly starts to pour it. I squirm, trying to get away, but I can barely move. He then pours the second one onto me even slower. He picks up the third bucket and just throws the water on me before leaving, shutting the light off as he goes.

--It's been four days since Ruby has been kidnapped.--

Ruby's pov.

I am very weak from not being able to eat and having the bare minimum of water, along with the silver and wolf’s bane. My body is working overtime to keep me alive. I hear the footsteps coming and know it’s going to be another long day.

"When are you going to believe that your friends aren't coming!" Ethan asks.

"I'm sure they are on their way right now! They are just being careful and not rushing blindly into this place."

"Why would they wait four days? Christine and Seth's pack could easily come here and get you."

I think for a second, "Because they are trying to find me! They don't know where I am at!"

He laughs even more, "Oh well, that just means more time for me to torture you!" he walks over and grabs the wolf’s bane, "Time for more wolfs bane, my dear." I just hope they come for me soon, I don't know how much longer I can last.