Chapter seven

Above is the picture of the necklace talked about from her mom.

*Edited this chapter is dedicated to my editor RunningTally*

an's pov.

It has been a few days since we all felt the bond with Ruby break, meaning she found a new pack. It has also been a few days since the fight for the alpha title.

*Flashback*

I tell my father I had a fight to go to and walk off. I sure hope Adan doesn't let me lose because I rejected a pathetic excuse for a mate. The time comes for the fight, and we gather in a circle. It is a fight to surrender, not death, so whoever surrenders first loses. The fight goes on for a while because Adan isn't helping and I have to just fight with my human/wolf strength to keep my opponent at bay. It looks like I'm just going easy on him, but then he actually aims for my neck and I think, great, I'm going to die. Right before I should feel pain Adan comes out for a split second and pins him, calling victory, before he leaves me alone again. No matter how much he hates me he can't let himself be killed.

*End Flashback*

I go to visit Ruby's mom, Layla, to see why she pretended that Ruby didn't exist. I don't expect her

"She is not my child," she says.

She doesn't seem like she wants to say more but since I won the potion of alpha I say, "I command you to tell me everything you know about Ruby."

She tells me how Ruby wasn't hers; Ruby was her best friend's child. She says that she didn't want Ruby but when Ruby's mom just disappeared one day without a trace, and with the father being unknown, she decided to look after Ruby until Ruby could fend for herself. Ruby was too young when her mom left to know a difference, and if she ever asked about looks she would just tell her she looked like her aunt who passed away. Since Ruby didn't know what this aunt looked like she just believed what they told her.

Layla then goes to get a box that came to her house in the mail one day, a year or so ago, saying, "When Ruby finds her mate, give her this, and if anything is to happen where Ruby is in another pack send this to her. The necklace is a special symbol meaning long lasting love, and the map is to help guide her through tough times. Also tell Ruby she has a sister. I cannot say a name or where her sister is, for when the time is right they will see each other. And, I am sorry to inform Ruby that there is a power line in her family; whether she accepts this or not she will be a great fighter."

As I'm taking all of this in I come up with a plan. If I play my cards right, I can force Ruby to come back here. I start asking around different packs, making sure not to give my name, saying that if they see a wolf named Ruby they should tell her that she has a package here we need to give to her.

Finally, a pack says yes, that they do have a wolf named Ruby. I tell them to tell her that her mom sent a package for her. The alpha asks which pack this package is currently in, and I say the Shadow Death pack. That should do the trick. Curiosity will get the better of Ruby and she will come here just to figure out what the package is. I spend the rest of the day setting traps and stuff to try and capture her. Adan didn't like it and still left me alone but I don't care. I will trap her and torture her until she begs me to end it, and then right as she is about to break I will nurture her and heal her and right when she trusts me the most, I will torture her some more in a never ending cycle. I will consume this power she holds for myself become the most powerful Alpha.

Seth's pov.

My phone starts ringing and I didn't recognize the number. I pick up anyway.

"Hello?"

"Yes, have you seen a wolf named Ruby? There is a package here from her mom and we don't know what to do with it."

"Ruby is a part of our pack, which pack is this package in?"

"Shadow Death pack."

I hang up, not wanting to cause a scene in front of my girlfriend. "Ruby, can I talk to you?" I ask gently.

"Sure, let's move over here, what's wrong?"

"The Shadow Death pack is saying they have a package for you from your mom."

"Well then they are lying because my mom never cared for me, although I am curious what they could have possibly gotten me."

I don't want her to leave but I don't know what to do about this. Then it clicks. I mind-link with Nathen and tell him to come here.

"Yes, Seth." A moment later Nathen shows up.

"I want you to take Ruby and go to the Shadow Death pack to retrieve a package that they say they have. If you see anything suspicious, you leave immediately, got it?"

"Yes, Seth."

"I promise I will return," Ruby says.

I watch as Ruby leaves with Nathen to retrieve this mysterious package.