Chapter seventeen

Above is the meadow mentioned in this chapter.

*Edited* This chapter is dedicated to my editor RunningTally

Ruby's pov.

I go and tell my sister what happened and she wants to kick his tail but I tell her he isn't worth it. Then Leo and Seth go into a room to talk, and the mystery guy asks if I want someone to talk to. I say yes. We go for a walk so we aren't disturbed while talking.

We come across a meadow with beautiful flowers and a view of the sky. I feel at peace for a moment, but then I remember what has just happened. I can't let it happen again, I won't have my heartbroken. As we walk in the meadow and chat casually a bit we hear growls. There have to be at least twelve rogues here.

He and I stand back to back and ready to fight. Four of them target him and the others target me because they know I'm the strongest. I’m doing good until one of them scratches a long gash into my side, but I remain determined to keep fighting.

All of the sudden the mystery guy gets really mad at them and kills the four targeting him all at once. He stands beside me, on the side that was hurt earlier. From there we both fight the rest of the rogues off, move by move, until they are all dead.

I suddenly feel very light-headed and I fall to the ground. I hear the mystery guy say to stay alive and to hold on, and after that darkness overcomes me. Suddenly I’m back at the meadow but no one is here. Or so I think, before this beautiful woman in a gown comes out of nowhere and starts talking to me.

"I know you think you can never trust another male to hold your heart but I promise the males who did break your heart were only making you stronger. Now you need to wake up, he is worried about you," she says. With that I slowly open my eyes and look around. I see the mystery guy, my sister, and her mate. "H-how long was I out?"

My voice sounds rough. The mystery guy gets me some water and says I had been out for six hours and that they were all very worried. Wow, six hours, it didn't feel like that.

???’s pov.

I was happy, and calm, we were walking and talking. Everything was so nice and then we found a meadow, but those stupid rogues had to ruin everything. I saw her wound and was pissed so I killed the four trying to kill me and stood beside her on the side she was wounded on.

We fought and killed the rest of those filthy rogues but then she fell to the ground. I was trying to talk to her but she passed out and I ran her to the pack doctor. Six very long hours later she slowly opens her eyes and asks how long she was out, but her voice sounds weird so I get her some water.

I sat down and tell her sister and her mate I would watch her and for them to get some sleep. They leave the room and I stare at Ruby. Then she asks, "What's your name? You never said and I never got a chance to ask."

I respond. "My name is Elijah."

[Warning: mature content and violence ahead. Please proceed with care.]

Ethan's pov.

Is it really that hard to kidnap one person!? No matter when, how, where, or who I send they end up dead and they run away like cowards. Although I heard she was wounded badly enough to have to stay in a hospital bed for a few days.

Since no one can do this right I guess I will have to do this myself. So I gather the last few rogues and tell them to meet me at my border. Then we head off to where Ruby is. I tell them to attack the pack house and draw as many people to them as possible while I go and get Ruby myself.

The things I'm going to do when I get a hold of you will have you begging for and moaning my name.

I wait until I hear their alarm go off and watch people take off running before I find my way into the pact doctor’s place. I can smell her now. I get to the room she is in and see a male asleep in a chair facing towards her; this is going to be a lot easier than I thought.

I open my bottle of chloroform and make sure the male gets a good whiff of it, to make sure he stays asleep. Then I unhook all the machines and give Ruby plenty of the gas to inhale, to keep her asleep as well. I tie her up and run out of the territory. I howl to let the rogues know I got her. Only a few make it back but we keep on running back to my territory. I take her to the basement of my place and tie her up to the wall.

Soon, my dear, we are going to have lots of fun together, just you and me. I will torture you and everyone you care about and watch you slowly break, and watch as you get to the point where you moan my name and beg me to do more to you.