Chapter Forty-Seven

There will be time skips because of the obvious reason that no one wants to read 9 months worth of training and boring stuff.

*Edited*

Elijah's pov. (It's been awhile it going to start before he chokes the boy.)

I'm so stressed. We know who Archer is and the witch is staying to help. She seems to like it here and is already trying to make some friends. I'm just walking around when I hear these boys talking about my mate, Ruby, which causes me to get curious till I hear the one boy start talking again.

He says rude things about Ruby and how he would take her his self which causes me and my wolf to get angry. I walk up behind him, tap him on the shoulder, when he turns around I grab him by the throat, and start choking the life out of him.

That's when I heard Ruby yelling at me and I dropped the boy. I had to walk with her to his parents' house. The parents were kind and was ashamed that their son caused us trouble.

When we left and got closer to the pack house Ruby told me to help the cooks with supper so she could check on training. After two hours I help call her and the others in for supper. Once we done and go to sleep I get woken up by her screams telling me she is having a nightmare.

It takes a lot of shaking and talking to her before I can get her to wake up. Once I make sure she is okay I go back to sleep and listen as her heart beat slow allowing me to sleep again.

When I wake up she isn't in bed and the bed side is cold meaning she hasn't been there awhile but I can smell that she is in the kitchen so I don't freak out too much.

*time skip two months*

Archer's pov.

"Sir! Sir!" "What are you yelling about?" "There are three wolves sitting on the edge of border and we can't chase them because they aren't on our land." "Take me there then!" We run to the west side of the border where there are three wolves just sitting there.

"What is it that you want?" One of them turns around to go shift and come back to talk. "We heard about a war going on against you and another pack and we want to join you." "Why should I trust you?" "I mean you don't have to but if you don't want is, we could just ask to join Ruby and she lets almost anyone join."

Do I want to risk this? Maybe I should turn them away and just hope Ruby says no to them as well. Then again she has accepted a few new comers and I'm not sure what she requires out of people to join. "I'm sorry but I just can't let you join me when you said you would just join Ruby if I said no. I don't know if you'll betray me." "We understand."

With that the main one shifts back to wolf and runs off with his two friends. No doubt going to find Ruby. Maybe I can leave her a message to watch out for them and make them seem too dangerous to accept. No, it's not like she would take it seriously anyway.

I need to get back to my office. Once I get back I lock the door and close the curtains. I unlock my drawer and take out the picture again. They will soon know your story my love.

(Flashback to his mate's story) We were happy and on our own. We weren't hurting anyone but because we were rogues we were bad. I watched as the alpha took her from me and laughed while saying rogues don't deserve mate's.

I had to watch as everyday they would try to break her spirit and keep telling me that she doesn't really love me, that she just felt sorry for me. Then one day they took it too far and they killed her right in front of me.