Chapter 4 - Mafia

Start from the beginning

The guy instantly nodded his head, sweat forming on his forehead. I rolled my eyes. Way to overreact, dude. We strutted into the mansion, not before I gave a small wave and a wink in the guy's direction. We were then led towards the ballroom where the party is being held by a maid. We observed the surroundings, taking in the breathtaking interior. Adam and I exchanged knowing looks at each other at the sight of a dozen more tough guys in suits lined up around the place.

Not surprised though. Its to be expected, especially with this specific type of group.

In front of the doors to the ballroom where I could already hear the thumping music, the maid held out a bag to us. Adam rolled his eyes with a groan but complied anyway, removing his revolver from the holster. When the maid didn't budge, Adam cast her a flat look but handed her his knife too. I just shrugged when she eyed me. I silently congratulated myself when she didn't push me to remove my hidden weapons.

"You'll receive your weapons by the end of the party, sir." She smiled then left, zipping up the bag and passing it to a guy in a suit. The guy took it, locked it in a suitcase that had few bolts and threw it into a safe then locked that too- not before passing the keys to another dude who took it away.

Wow, awesome security.

We entered the ballroom and I instantly perked up. The ballroom was two stories high, stairs at the side to form sort of a flooring as a second floor. There were a lot of people on the second floor, gazing down at the dancing people below. The interior were all in gold, even the tables and flower vases. A few breathtaking diamond chandeliers hung from the ceiling but it was dark, the lights dimmed. The place was full of people dancing, chatting or just standing at the side and not doing a great job at blending in.

Once the doors were closed, Adam pulled away and faced me. "I have to go now. Do not cause trouble, draw attention to yourself and basically do anything that you're not supposed to do, understood?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, father."

He scoffed before slipping away into the crowd. "Take care and see you tomorrow."

I stood there for a few moments, looking around and adapting myself to the surroundings. I finally decided to head towards the bar first, since there would be quite a lot of drunk people spilling out information like a faucet by now without even realizing it. 

I pushed through a bunch of people, pricking my ears to latch onto any kind of valuable information on my way to the bar. I sighed in relief at the sight of the bar. I plopped down onto one of the stools and ordered a drink. The bartender passed me a glass, moving on to the next person. I just sat there, sipping on my drink.

I looked around, eyes squinting in the dark as I observed the throng of dancing people. Now the question remains- where in the fuck's name is he? My eyes darted from person to person, trying my best to locate the bastard. I eventually gave up, so all that's left is for me to ask a few discreet questions to a drunken idiot.

I didn't have to wait long because I was bound to be approached. I mentally thanked that the lights were dimmed to a dark extent for me to take advantage of the situation. No one would be able to guess who I am unless they really knew me or if they looked close enough.

True to my words, a drunken idiot landed onto the stool beside me. I tried my best not to gag at the stench of the reeking alcohol radiating off his body. Did the bastard fucking bathed in alcohol? "Hey, beautiful." He slurred, his voice clear despite the thumping music.

"Hey." I smiled, internally battling my inner demons who are tempted to dunk a few bottles of shampoo and cologne onto him. 

He leaned in closer, causing me to suffer even more from the stench. "What's your name? Mine's Hugh Cremona."