13 - Griffin

Author's note

If you can't see chapter 12 please let me know, it has had problems in the past with people not being able to see it and I have recently removed the copy of it. Hopefully, it's fine though I haven't had that problem in years, but you know... wattpad.

My hands were shaking. 

Outside the classroom I stood, the bell had gone minutes ago but I was too nervous to go into the classroom. Flame was already in there and what would I say to him, thanks for kissing me? There was no way I could say nothing but I had no plan for what to say. It was likely that I would just blurt out something stupid. I had to go in though I couldn't just stand out here tembling.

I took a deep breath and walked in. My eyes scanned the desks for Flame's orange hair, he was sitting at the back. There was someone blonde sitting next to him. Was someone bullying Flame? I walked further into the classroom my heart plummeting. Then they looked up. 

Griffin! 

I walked over to them, "Griffin what are you doing here?"

"I go to this school now," he replied smiling.

I sat down next to Flame who was being very quiet, and also looking very annoyed. He kept his eyes down and fiddled with the zip on the end of his jacket.

I looked back to Griffin, "But why did you come here?" 

"The alpha doesn't want Flame to be alone at this school in case the vampires attack again and I'm the only one in the pack that is young enough to go to high school with Flame," He explained a bit too loudly and got dirty looks from the people sitting in front of us.

"Now I'm stuck with him," Flame muttered. 

I giggled and he glanced up at the sound of my laughter for a second then quickly looked away blushing, I felt heat in my cheeks too.

"What's going on with you two?" Griffin asked noticing how we were acting.

"Nothing," I muttered.

"Uh huh," said Griffin looking at us intently, his golden eyebrow arching.

There was a long awkward silence between us three. I could hear other people's conversations around us, all very mundane. My eyes fell back onto Flame as he wrote down some dates from the whiteboard into his school diary. He kept his eyes away from me. It occured to me that maybe he felt as awkward as I did. A supernatural being feeling the same nerves as I did. Suddenly the bell rang and we all got up.

"Hey Victoria do you know where room H305 is?" Griffin asked.

"Yeah I do, actually I'm going there now too for English we must be in the same class," I told him while picking up my books.

"Awesome," he replied a little too loudly and everyone in the class looked at him.

"Come on," I said and pulled him away from the staring class and Flame followed.

"See you at recess," Flame told me then glared at Griffin as if to say don't do anything stupid. I nodded and walked off with Griffin following me close behind.

"So will you tell me what is going on with you and Flame now?" Griffin asked.

"No," I answered bluntly, "I don't know."

"Come on please," he said and gave me a puppy dog look which actually was kind of cute but I just kept walking leaving him behind. it wasn't like I had any answers to give him even if I wanted to. He ran to keep up. I stopped at the classroom and walked in Griffin followed me.