35 - Orange turns to red

I woke in my bedroom, Kara was sitting at the end of my bed with her eyes closed. She seemed to be half asleep. I sat up but my body hurt all over. Frank had really hurt me but I had killed him. He was more powerful than any other vampire I had fought. My movement woke Kara up, she looked very tired.

"Oh Victoria, you're awake," She yawned, " I found you on top of a building bleeding and took you home what on earth were you doing?"

"I killed Frank, he became a vampire," I told her.

She smiled, "Well done. That's one vampire we really don't want to deal with."

"I know right.... he deserved to die," I muttered.

She nodded, "Yeah.... get some rest Victoria. Werecats heal quickly so you should heal soon."

I lay back down, realizing how tired I actually was. Kara stood up and turned to leave.

"Kara," I whispered but she heard me and looked at me.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

She smiled at me "You're welcome."

"You should sleep too you look tired."

"It's true healing magic does take its toll on me..." she trailed off.

I patted the bed next to me, "I don't mind if you sleep here, but you better not snore."

She giggled cutely and lay down next to me. It had been a while since I had someone sleep beside me.

I smiled and closed my eyes, "Goodnight Kara."

"Goodnight."

***

"You think you're so good kitty-cat," the vampire spat at me.

"Oh yes I do," I replied as I lunged forward with my sword. He blocked it but the strength of my attack sent sparks flying. I disengaged my sword quickly and lashed out stabbing him in the stomach.

He fell to his knees clutching his stomach, "you're going straight to hell."

"At least I'll have an afterlife," I replied then kicked him in the face.

I sheaved my sword. That's the last of them. I cleared out a whole castle building of them and it took far too long. I yawned then stretched in a cat-like way. Better go back home.

I strutted out of the building stepping over all the corpses of the freshly killed vampires.

Kicking open the door the sunlight blinded me for a second. It warmed my body. I started to purr as I walked into the sunlight. Winter was finally starting to give up its hold. It had been such a long winter, for me personally everything had changed. I started winter a lonely girl with no one by her side constantly bullied. Now Frank was dead.

I started to run. It wouldn't take long if I ran. Everything was a blur as usual but I knew the way. It felt like flying though it had become normal it always inspired a smile from me. It had become something very comforting and familiar to me.

Now I had gotten over Flame. I wasn't as angry. The heartbreak had started to fade. If I ever saw him again I'd probably just ignore him. I just wanted to stay alive with my brothers. Kara told me that there were other werecats I really want to find them but it's a little too dangerous to look for them with my brothers. I get worried when I leave them alone for too long. I'm sure the other werecats will come for me.