24 - The Full Moon

Flame had been acting more nervous than ever, and I had no idea why. He seemed a little jumpy whenever someone spoke to him, flinching and looking over his shoulder. Griffin, however, was louder than ever... if that was even possible. We were standing outside during lunch, the winter sun warming my cheek.

"Oh my gods Griffin you're so hot," Kara squealed as Griffin was showing off picking her up with one arm.

Flame rolled his eyes. "They are both so annoying," he growled.

"At least they can be annoying together," I told him and smiled watching them laughing.

He smiled back "You're so cute Victoria," he whispered and hugged me. 

I hugged back. It was nice to feel the familiar warmth from his body. It didn't seem as strong as it used to be for some reason. I've noticed that I'm not as cold anymore which is particularly strange since winter was digging its icy claws in further each day but it seemed I didn't feel the cold so badly this year. So many strange things had been happening to me, ever since that night in the forest. My left eye is pretty much yellow now and it looks even weirder. I have two different coloured eyes and the colours are both inhuman colours. I sighed. As if I didn't have it bad enough before. Though Frank didn't bother me so much now.

"What's wrong Victoria?" Flame asked noticing that I seemed annoyed.

"Nothing," I sighed.

"Ok, but you know I haven't seen the vampires around for a week now, I'm really wondering what they are planning," he told me.

"Maybe they are all dead because you killed them," I suggested.

"I seriously doubt that Victoria," he told me trying to look serious considering the topic though he was smiling.

***

It was maths.... and you know what that means... Kara. She had been complaining that the boy she was flirting with last time had moved to the other side of the classroom. Which made sense to me, she did draw a creepy picture of him.

"What's the date again?" she asked.

I sighed, this was the third time she'd asked, "It's the 6th of June."

"Oh right," she said and smiled then when back to whatever she was doing in her book.

I looked over her shoulder and she was drawing an elaborate landscape including all the numbers and symbols of her textbook.

"I really think I'm getting the hang of this maths," She looked up at me and smiled. 

I didn't reply because I didn't have the heart to hurt her feelings but I'm not actually sure her feelings can be hurt. Everytime someone insults her she just thinks they are jealous or just plainly doesn't understand what they were talking about. Actually, now that I think about she has marvellous resilence. I wished that I had her state of mind when I was being constantly and relentlessly bullied by Frank.

I smiled at her but my smile quickly disappeared.

She was making an origami swan out of her loose-leaf paper, "It's pretty right? Want me to make you one?"

I facepalmed, you know what I take that back, she is just an idiot.

She frowned at me, something dark passed over her usually joyful face like there was some deep-sea monster lurking just beneath the surface of her mind, she then asked, "what's the date again?"